Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 03-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #26
cristoff
Cooling Savant

I came before the new sites.... when they first started and the iopener ,... never posted though... i dont know why... just liked reading the articles...
Unread 03-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #27
ksw
Cooling Savant

yeah. its the most intresting threads. they are old. in the new threads, everything is already said.
Unread 03-06-2002, 01:56 PM   #28
cristoff
Cooling Savant

yeh... i went to h but never liked it
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:02 PM   #29
Techguy
Cooling Savant

It's all decodeddesil's fault!
I was a new [H] reader and decoded helped me a TON. He sent me here too.
I read both.
[H] as more activity, but more dumb@$$es too.
This forum seems to be more knowledgeable (sp) and has some serious cooling info.
Techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:25 PM   #30
mx-6*
Cooling Savant

There are way too many idiots and trolls at H. I never went there much even though I joined a long time ago.

The worst thing about that place is that you could post and go back a few hours later to see the same thread and spend 30 minutes looking for it.
mx-6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2002, 03:51 AM   #31
Kevin
Slacking more than your weird uncle

Quote:
Originally posted by mx-6*
There are way too many idiots and trolls at H.
Get right outa town!
Unread 03-10-2002, 11:11 AM   #32
sunblade

Like cyph3r said, the [H] forums being down every few hours is a turn-off. I know their forum is huge, but I remember when Kyle was doing a huge revamping of the forum to avoid down-time that now seems to have had no effect at all.

I'm really impressed with Procooling the more I'm here, though. Joe himself seems to be a really well-rounded person, doing iOpener hacks, keeping up with php updates, and building hydro-coolers in his spare time

Speaking of iOpener, it's too bad the X-Box hasn't been hacked to that extent yet (there is always PS2 linux, pre-ordering now, yay!). I would try to atleast open it up, but I'm to cheap to buy one. Then again, I know a friend who has one
sunblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #33
RedTalon19
Cooling Neophyte

decodeddiesel told me bout the forums here.... o sure i visited the main site many a times reading those outstanding articles and such!

i still visit the [H] more often then i do here. i lurk a lot here but if have a question i try the [H] first cuz i can always get a fast responce... if it helps or not it almost always fast... but if that doesnt work then i come here and thats where, as they say, the buck stops. i need look no further

i'm converting slowing but surley tho but i'll always be hard at heart... cool in the mind
Unread 03-12-2002, 03:59 PM   #34
Techguy
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by RedTalon19
decodeddiesel told me bout the forums here.... o sure i visited the main site many a times reading those outstanding articles and such!

i still visit the [H] more often then i do here. i lurk a lot here but if have a question i try the [H] first cuz i can always get a fast responce... if it helps or not it almost always fast... but if that doesnt work then i come here and thats where, as they say, the buck stops. i need look no further

i'm converting slowing but surley tho but i'll always be hard at heart... cool in the mind
BUT the Pro Chat's got the fast answers :->
Techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2002, 05:48 PM   #35
Brad
Thermophile

until midnight each day there are normally heaps of american's in the chat, after that there is the unemployed americans, and me (I'm from NZ, it's 6pm here, midnight in Wisconsin)

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2002, 12:02 PM   #36
decodeddiesel
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
until midnight each day there are normally heaps of american's in the chat, after that there is the unemployed americans, and me (I'm from NZ, it's 6pm here, midnight in Wisconsin)
Thats about right heh...
but i'll never be top of the line again
...i'd rather be nothing...
decodeddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2002, 08:09 PM   #37
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

I was an on again, off again [H]'er for a couple years. I'd dive back in, go through the latest craze...I have a bong cooler around here somewhere and then I'd get sick of the BS, and split. It was a dark friggin day when Una got banned. That made me start to question what I was doing there.

The morals were getting bad, but the content was worse. Pick a topic...there's 300 threads asking the same damn question. Wait for it...301.

I have been to the main page here a dozen times, following links to articles, people saying "check this out...", that sort of thing, but it was Fixittt that made me decide to check out the forum. I followed a link of his, when he was looking into patents etc. and was truly amazed at the way the people here responded/acted. I had gotten way too used to the BS level at [H]. Ok it took a few more months of BS and down/slow server to finally get me to leave...but I did. What can I say? I'm loyal.

The bonus...a lot of the names that I remember/followed while getting into watercooling are right here.

wait...302
Heavy_Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #38
Brad
Thermophile

I go to the [h], amdzone, thereg, theinq, amdmb, oc'ers, xbit, ocworkbench everyday for news, [h] is the only one I don't go to for reviews. There are also 30 or so other sites I go to each day

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Unread 03-21-2002, 01:01 AM   #39
Haddy
Cooling Savant

:shrug:i really dont know how i found u guys in here:shrug:..i wuz just checkin my email and it wuz my regisration crap.....musta been a drunkin registration.....least i didnt buy another russian bride....WORD TO THE WISE BEING DRUNK + CREDIT CARD + ONLINE SHOPPING = BIIIGGGGGG PROBLEMS!
Haddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 01:57 AM   #40
Kevin

haha welcome, fellow alcoholic.
-Kevin

Last edited by Kevin; 03-21-2002 at 01:59 AM.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2002, 02:05 AM   #41
Haddy
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin
haha welcome, fellow alcoholic.
-Kevin
17 and already an alcoholic not good
Haddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2002, 10:04 AM   #42
Fixittt
CNC Beyatch

I came here from the Hard forum because of all the wasted time trying to weed thrue the horrid useless posts to try and find good info.

I will say this that I still do post at the H. But not as much as I once did. The Procooling forums bring fast and usefull information. The hard forum does have a bunch of great and wonderfull people on it. ANd I still do enjoy reading alot of what is posted, but it is so hard to find the quality posts when you have 30 pages of "Which is the best HSF, or waterblock, U get my point. There are so many people doing articles and roundups these days, that if a little time was invested, you could get hard data, instead of releying on peoples opinions. Remember, what works for one person may not work as well for another.

I am glad to see that our hobby has gone main stream, but come on guys, do a little work first.

I dont mind repleying to posts where someone has at least made an effort first before asking.

Thats all I got to say about that.

FIX
Fixittt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 08:51 AM   #43
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

Here's another good example of why I've had enough of the [H].

Quote:
LOL How would that happen? Got any logic in that brain of yours? btw, what grade are you in? Perhaps you have not taken any physics or "upper" division science courses that make you really think
That was last night, in response to a newbie asking if he needed any protection from condensation with just water cooling.

This guy usually acts like this, and I don't see any sign of a ban coming his way.
Heavy_Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 02:04 PM   #44
Kevin

He probably won't get banned... But of course, a guy like myself w/ over 2.5k posts at that place would... Oh that's right. Kyle banned me during the summer for some dumbass reason. When I asked for proof, he said he deleted the post... I think he just htaes because I talk a lot of HOCP shit.
-Kevin
P.S. If you are ever on the apple website, I hear our friend Kyle loves apples... enough to want the apple e-news... sign him up
Unread 03-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #45
Brad
Thermophile

it depends who the person is, some people can get away with almost anything, while for no reason some people will get banned immediately for no reason

Unread 03-30-2002, 05:46 PM   #46
Kevin

HOCP no like ProCooling... Kyle especially no like Kevin.
Unread 03-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #47
Brad
Thermophile

thats cause we're better than them, our reviews aren't bias, and we aren't [h]ardcops

Unread 03-31-2002, 10:08 AM   #48
jag_e_fattig
Cooling Savant

i'm a regular over at Tweak3D, but i needed a changeover from it.

I came here from a linked article. You guys have good articles and reviews. I know a decent amount of stuff about computers in general and building them (I've bought and built 5 or so.). But I'm kind of an "extereme cooling" newb, so if I throw any dumb questions your way don't flame me too bad.

AER - 05/29/87-10/26/03, I'll never forget.
jag_e_fattig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2002, 10:12 AM   #49
OcPunK
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by jag_e_fattig
i'm a regular over at Tweak3D, but i needed a changeover from it.

I came here from a linked article. You guys have good articles and reviews. I know a decent amount of stuff about computers in general and building them (I've bought and built 5 or so.). But I'm kind of an "extereme cooling" newb, so if I throw any dumb questions your way don't flame me too bad.
We are n00b friendly here we wont flame just give u the info u need and help u on your way to a cooler/smarter state of being.
Unread 04-01-2002, 08:03 AM   #50
ItsSoLARGE
Cooling Savant

Lets see here... oh yeah I remember.
I got into cooling my pc when I got my Slot A Tbird when I ordered dual delta alpha. It was too loud and inefficient so I found stuff on overclockers.com. No one was talking about watercooling on hardforum like they do now. Seem like every schmoe wants to or has watercooled. Anyways I found a little site called overclock-watercool.com. Anyways this was back in the good old days when Chip would actually send his stuff. I ordered a polyblock and asked him if he could send it sooner because i needed it for a lanparty... So I got it in two days (That was in a whole different era though). Well on the description page for the polyblock there was a nice link to a little article called DH3, and well once you read that how can you not watercool? So I ordered the polyblock and then started to bug Joe on ICQ. After awhile he setup the chat and I was in their on the first day heh.
I guess I didnt really come from the hardforum but I read most of my first cooling and case modding stuff there in the forums