Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 08-27-2002, 07:37 PM   #26
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

whatever...get off the computer and get to work!
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #27
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by mfpmax
whatever...get off the computer and get to work!

its either going to be this thurdays of september the 7th
PixelCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #28
TonyM
Cooling Neophyte

sounds cheesy with the movie situation, do the beach thing instead
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2002, 09:08 PM   #29
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyM
sounds cheesy with the movie situation, do the beach thing instead

the beach thing has come and gone
Unread 08-27-2002, 10:04 PM   #30
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

as I see it asking her to your house for a movie and dinner is kind of a step into that direction anyway. If you don't have problems with that(guessing she is a good friend already) then you should just take the next step on that road.
Unread 08-27-2002, 11:02 PM   #31
Jason-Pro
Cooling Savant

just call her up invite her over for some hardcore goatse.cx watching. and if she says no just dump her shes not the one.
Jason-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2002, 11:55 PM   #32
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

yeah I think the real issue here is your goatse.cx addiction. Sure its healthy man? Getting you kicked out of the Chat and all?
Unread 08-28-2002, 12:38 PM   #33
cristoff
Cooling Savant

well pretty much... this is what i did... i could feel and sense if she liked me... people told me she did and well I knew it deep down, but wasnt sure and was afraid of the outcome... i would be devastated if she didnt like me... seeing as I already felt that I loved her... (whats even more interesting is we started to like and love each other at the same times without knowing it Someone told her that they knew that we liked each other.... I was like oh boy gotta call her and straighten things out... i talked to her on a tuesday and we were like i dont know where they were getting that information from... i wasnt doing anything to show that was I? she's like i know you want to wait a bit and i do too... I am like whoa... wait a sec.... so i was struggling the next day to find out what to do becuase that night it was only comfirmed we were very good friends.... so i had to find a way to tell her... that wednesday night i invited her over for dinner... we ate then my family left and i asked if she would like to learn a song on the guitar or sing with me... so we did i was so distraught trying to find out what to say... I actually asked if she would like to hear a song that I wrote... she said yes... it was only untill after she found out the song was for her... and it was s totally different meaning than before... then it was almost time for her to go so at 9:30 i just came out and said it.... I told her that I couldnt lie to her and I never would... that I had to be truthfull and I told her that I liked her. What interesting is that she felt the same way... she just as scared to the outcome.. but I was just the one to say it first... Funny thing is the song i taught her before i told her i went and got my brother from a friends house.... it was raining out and I got in the car and turned on the radio... it was fuzzy then it went right to the song... rem: last kiss.... now just about every time it rains i hear that song... also she doesnt remember how to play the song.. she was to busy looking at me...

So the point is just do it you'll feel much better... she will.. You have to know the person and be friends with them first in order to know if you want to date them... You've been doing the right thing. So cooking and movie is good... if you do that she will absolutely astounded... and she might know whats happening before you say it... just one thing... if you kiss her make is one and short... and a hug... dont go any farther... believe me... she'll respect you more... I think it'll go fine... besides nothings perfect.. even her... as well as you compliment each other... remember there will be hard times and you will also have to compromise with each other as well... Just tell her... either.. "I've not only liked you, but the fact is I love you and have been falling in love with you, and continually am." Remember though you have to be ready for both outcomes... good or bad... don't fret about it.. have fun... and just tell her... I swear after you do... after you tell her you love her finally... you will want to say it all the time becuase you couldnt before and it feels so good to just say that... Hope it works...

Chris
Unread 08-28-2002, 06:59 PM   #34
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

ok i got some good and bad news....

she isn't coming over this thursday because she is going to a friends cottage..

but she is coming over the weekend after that one.

she seemed very happy that i invited her over.
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:25 AM   #35
cristoff
Cooling Savant

well you have to tell us how it goes... i will be in west viginia for a time... no not visiting relatives... lol... for the sites with my fiance... anyways... i hope it goes well... !!!!!!!! if she seemed exited then your good to go! have fun!
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:39 AM   #36
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

Sounds to me like she's interested in you...

Just be yourself, even if that is shy and awkward. She'll appreciate the honesty.

We're cheering for you Pix.
Heavy_Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2002, 08:53 AM   #37
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Heavy_Equipment
Sounds to me like she's interested in you...

Just be yourself, even if that is shy and awkward. She'll appreciate the honesty.

We're cheering for you Pix.

i'm north of the T.O. where you located?
Unread 08-29-2002, 09:46 AM   #38
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

I'm in Pefferlaw...
that is usually good for a blank stare.

Just east of Sutton, on Lake Simcoe.

(I grew up in Newmarket and Stouffville...well...I got older there, "grew up" might be pushing it. )
Unread 08-29-2002, 01:12 PM   #39
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

i'm in bolton.... heheheh that is a blank stare one too
Unread 08-30-2002, 04:10 AM   #40
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

Blank stare this buddy:

The variety store on the N/W corner of Hwy 50 and King Rd., used to be a Mac's Milk. That was one of my dad's stores. He had the one in Nobolton too.

I just did a whole bunch of work in Bolton last summer, under contract to Caledon Hydro. We re-strung and converted the system in the Torbram Rd./King Rd. area.

When that twister touched down last year, I was one of the guys that got the lights back on too. I love trouble calls...money, money, money.
Unread 08-30-2002, 09:53 AM   #41
Twitchie
Cooling Neophyte

Hey Pixel...your plight moved me enough to come out of my Forum-retirement

Points to keep in mind:

the good girls always have a long lineup of guys that are waiting for them to become single, whether they know it or not...that's why they don't stay single for long

airplanes, trains, and traffic lights won't wait for you indefinitely, so why should she? get your a$$ moving before some jerk-off asks her out and she goes cuz she thinks you aren't interested...or even worse...she meets a really nice guy, and is off the market FOREVER

pretend you are leaving the country in 2 weeks and aren't coming back...you have 2 weeks to win her over and have her go with you...otherwise you'll have to live with "what if" FOREVER...and what makes it worse is that she probably would have gone with you "if only you had said something"

you are currently living with your own fantasy that "I think she likes me too", and this is better than "I don't know if she likes me", but you gotta stop wasting time (and life) living in a dream world...and live with "she doesn't like me and I'll move on" or cash in with "SHE LIKES ME TOO !!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!"

girls don't like wishy-washy guys who don't have enough guts to ask them out...girls don't like jerks who are pushy...contradiction? NO...the difference is whether she likes you or not....

people think that guys make the first move, but in reality, the girl makes the first move by letting guys know whether or not they CAN ask them out or not...and she has already done more than that...ball's in your court now, so either hit it back, or let some other guy play and get the hell off the court (NOT want you want to do right?)

contrary to what you see in the movies, girls don't generally ask guys out and won't pour out their hearts before the guys says something first...so be the MAN and tell her how you feel...save her the embarassment of being the first, and show her how brave you are
Twitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #42
Can O' Beans
Cooling Savant

I missed out on a really nice girl because I never said anything and REALLY regret it.

Just ask her. Worse thing that would happen is she says she doesn't want to so that, and you continue being friends.
Can O' Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2002, 09:59 AM   #43
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

Can O' Beans is right.

I had a "harem" as it was called, all through high school and into college.

There were 6 girls in my group of friends, and I had a huge crush on one of them. I was shy, and too scared to speak up, and I never did. After we left for college, we all just lost touch.

I ran into the girl a couple years ago...she's married, with kids, the usual. We talked and laughed for a while, and then she dropped the bomb:

She asked if I knew how big of a crush she had on me back then!

Don't let your chance go to waste.
Unread 09-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #44
Sled_Dog
Cooling Savant

having a harem is just a bunch of girls who are friends? wow my definition of that word was way off
Unread 09-02-2002, 12:06 PM   #45
SonixOS
Cooling Savant

i thought harem just means women.
Abit KR7A-133
MSI Geforce3 Ti200 VT128
TV-IN and TV-OUT
Sound Blaster Audigy
Linksys LNE100 V2.0
Toshiba DVD Drive 40x/16x
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60gig
Watercooled
http://www.sonixnet.tk
=======================
SonixOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2002, 01:29 PM   #46
cmfic
Banned Troll

Default Go Away

May the good lord come down in the form of a chicken and peckyour eyes out
cmfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2002, 01:57 PM   #47
Heavy_Equipment
Cooling Savant

Notice the quotation marks sled.

My buddies called them my harem, because they were always around me, and they ran a few girls off that didn't "measure up" on more than one occassion. It looked a lot better than it actually was. It was high school BS.

I have to admit, it was kinda sweet having those girls hanging around, even though it wasn't anywhere near what it may have looked like.
Unread 09-02-2002, 05:51 PM   #48
PixelCloud
Cooling Neophyte

ETA: 5 days
Unread 09-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #49
Holy Roman Empi
Cooling Neophyte

Damn dude. I gotta know how this turns out. I'm in a nearly identical situation myself. I haven't read this forum in months, and I dont know why I came back.. fate? blind stumbling more likely. Anyway, go to it brother. I'm pulling for ya, we're all in this together.
Holy Roman Empi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #50
mfpmax
Cooling Savant

Harem is a type of female...I think something more than just a standard female...

Umm...I kinda learned this from..."explicit material" and some TV show or something...

Kinda like a Belly Dancer, that doesn't Belly Dance...but other things.

But it is a female of some sort.

And Pixel...don't wuss out...no matter what.
mfpmax is offline   Reply With Quote