Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-25-2002, 05:01 PM   #1
mshannon
Cooling Neophyte

Default Socket A Motherboard/Waterblock mounting

Alright, this one should be a simple answer. I am looking at the MSI KT333-AUR mobo, and want to mount a Gemini Cool waterblock on it, however I can't tell if there are mounting holes using the MSI photo..

Has anyone tried the above combination with success?

Thanks!
mshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 10:44 AM   #2
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

You are talking about the MSI KT3 Ultra ARU. Yes, there are mounting holes on it, unless they changed it in the last month. I just built two machines around that board about three weeks ago. It is a good board, but you definitely want to update the BIOS on it. There are quirky issues if you don't. Also, the RAID that comes onboard really screws your FSB overclocking potential from what I've seen, but then, it could have been other problems as well. That's neither here nor there, though: it should have holes.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2002, 08:36 PM   #3
mshannon
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks, that's really what it looked like.

Strange that you had RAID problems when over clocking, this does cause me some concern. However I really thought this board has better OC options than the SOYO Dragons?

What do you think?
mshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #4
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'm not familiar with the SOYO at all. Sorry. If you disable the raid portion of the motherboard, it will clock MUCH higher on the FSB than if you leave it on. Don't get me wrong: it still posts, but it would barf when going into WinXP. Typical BSOD bullsh!t. Overall it is a good OC board. Raid just gives it problems.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote