Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #51
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

Maybe we need a bigger stick...
Unread 05-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #52
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Chris Castner just gave me a call.

The list price in the US is 253$ and if we buy over 10 its 35% off =\ So 164.45 each.

Normally they dont sell to end users and the discounts are usually just for resellers. Im guessing he'll do it for us because I said there'd be atleast 10 to order. Said the 20pi-z-d is in stock too.
Unread 05-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #53
Bloody_Sorcerer
Cooling Neophyte

anyone feel like buying up a bunch of units then reselling them? that way i could have at least some time to get some money... . or if this gets delayed long enough.
Bloody_Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 03:56 PM   #54
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Soooo 165$ too much for everyone? =(
Unread 05-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #55
RaptorRaider
Cooling Neophyte

I'll do it.
RaptorRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #56
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

I'll do it for $165.
Unread 05-17-2005, 09:30 AM   #57
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRiT
I'll do it for $165.
Guess I'll start posting this in the forums. Im going to make another main post here to track everyone that says they'll do it. I'll link that thread from this one.

List of forums I'll post this to (but not yet)

[H]
Anand
2CPU
OCforums
SPCR
XtremeSystems

Let me know if I missed any

I just called Chris to double check everything. Looks like someone is going to have to coordinate everything. As in everyone will have to send someone the checks and that person send a big check to PanWorld. I say we require anyone that wants to do this to have all good heatware. I dont think I have enough heatware to warrant me being the one to be the money guy. Sooo anyone wanna volunteer? Chris said he would see it being a problem if everyone seperately mailed him checks and that it would be much easier if someone sent him one big check.

Chris also said it would be a flat 7.50$ (Im assuming anywhere in the US) for each pump. Naturally it would be paid in advance and would take 2-3 days to clear the check before he shipped the pumps out. I really dont know how many people will want to do this so I asked if there was a max # we could order and he said no.

If anyone wants to double check the info you can call that 202 number on their page. Chris was on vacation when we first started seeking info thats why it took so long. He answers the phone right away now. Just tell him you are in the group with "Jonathan Torres." I want to ask a lot of questions to make sure everything goes smoothly but I tend to run out of questions.

Things Ive asked him:

Price for 20PI-Z-D? $253
Discount for 10+ people? 35%
20PI-Z-D is a 24v DC pump correct? Yes
How can I send payment? Personal Check
How much is shipping per pump? Flat $7.50

Let me know what you guys want to do.
Unread 05-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #58
MVC
Cooling Neophyte

Go ahead and put me in for one too. I'm not going to swap out my 3 month old Iwaki MD20-RZ, but I'm sure I can find a use for it
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #59
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Does anyone want to call them and double check any info? And should we designate someone to be the money guy before I post this on all the forums or should we handle that later?
Unread 05-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #60
RaptorRaider
Cooling Neophyte

I can't be 'the money guy' since I don't have any heatware at all.

$7.50 shipping sounds great for a guy like me but as you said that's probably only for US; next time could you please ask him what shipping to the Netherlands would be?

We could try OCAU too I think.

So currently we've already got 5?
RaptorRaider + JamesAvery22 + MVC + BRiT + Bloody Sorcerer?
Unread 05-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #61
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorRaider
I can't be 'the money guy' since I don't have any heatware at all.

$7.50 shipping sounds great for a guy like me but as you said that's probably only for US; next time could you please ask him what shipping to the Netherlands would be?

We could try OCAU too I think.

So currently we've already got 5?
RaptorRaider + JamesAvery22 + MVC + BRiT + Bloody Sorcerer?
Posting on all these forums will definitely get 5 more people. I wouldnt be surprised if we got a lot more.

7.50$ per pump would be shipping to the "money guy." The "money guy" would then have to ship to you...

We have to keep in mind PanWorld doesn't deal with end users. Only companies and resellers. He's making an exception in our case because we'll order a lot and not many people buy that specific model. If it was a smaller order or we wanted one of their more popular pumps Im sure he'd just tell us to go to a reseller.

Posting on OCAU makes things more complicated. Same thing as letting anyone outside the US go in on the buy.

The "money guy" has to be someone in the US. Panworld America isnt going to ship 20 pumps to Britain.

So I guess letting people outside the US in on the deal is up to the "money guy."
Unread 05-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #62
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Stabbing...

Cell just died and cant even get it to charge. Died right when he picked up too.

Things I was going to ask:

If we send you a single big check and a list of names can you ship a pump to each individual?
If so would you ship outside the US?
Do you possibly have a 12v version of the 20pi-z-d?

Anyone wanna give him a call real quick for me?
Unread 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #63
RaptorRaider
Cooling Neophyte

Not sure what the pdf says but do you have any idea what kind of fittings and tubing we need for this pump?
Unread 05-17-2005, 05:42 PM   #64
EnJoY
Cooling Neophyte

My heat is under EnJoY. I have one negative, but it was a huge mistake. I guess I'm offering to do the group thing if you guys trust me. If not it's cool.

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=21978

I should add that this is a lot of money to trust anyone with, and this is over the internet, so risk is increased. It'd be great if we could just give someone like Cathar the money who everyone knows is trustworthy hehe.
EnJoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2005, 09:25 PM   #65
phextwin
Cooling Neophyte

Sooo goddamn tempted......

Put me down as a probable.

Edit: How long of a time frame do we have? I need to scrounge together some money

Last edited by phextwin; 05-17-2005 at 09:32 PM.
phextwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #66
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phextwin
Sooo goddamn tempted......

Put me down as a probable.

Edit: How long of a time frame do we have? I need to scrounge together some money
I havent posted it anywhere yet.

EnJoY, your heatware looks good to me. what forum's are you on though? Namely what forum are all those heatwares from?

Just so you know if 20 people go in on this you'll have to make out something like a $4k check to panworld. Im calling now to ask specifics on the shipping thing.
Unread 05-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #67
EnJoY
Cooling Neophyte

Heat is from Xtreme-Systems Forums, AnandTech Forums and [H]ard|Forums. I'd have no issues with writing a check of that size as long as I had the money from all of you to deposit first of course hehe, but that's obvious. I should note that I am still currently banned from [H] where I have been a member since 2003 with over 1,000 posts, and still banned from AnandTech all for that one negative heatware you see. Just making my blemishes visible, I ain't no troll haha.

Anywho, I just got a job at compusa, so once my first paycheck comes in in a few weeks, I'll have my name on the list of who's ordering as well.

(edit: Just to clear something up? Would I also have to be in charge of shipping the pumps out to everyone who ordered? Or would PanWorld/Blueline handle that?)
Unread 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #68
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJoY
(edit: Just to clear something up? Would I also have to be in charge of shipping the pumps out to everyone who ordered? Or would PanWorld/Blueline handle that?)

Not sure, on my list of things to ask that guy Chris at panworld. HAvent had much time lately. You can call that 202 # and ask if you want =) The person actually handling the money should probably be the one to be in main contact with Chris.
Unread 05-18-2005, 02:41 PM   #69
EnJoY
Cooling Neophyte

Well this isn't anywhere near decided yet for several reasons, the first being that I still need to make sure I can do this, and secondly everyone else needs to be able to trust me and decide on me being the buyer. So far there is one who has committed to that, you. :P So we need a few more...
Unread 05-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #70
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJoY
Well this isn't anywhere near decided yet for several reasons, the first being that I still need to make sure I can do this, and secondly everyone else needs to be able to trust me and decide on me being the buyer. So far there is one who has committed to that, you. :P So we need a few more...

EnJoY,
I just read a good chunk of the threads of reports of you on Anand and [H]. Your comment:
"Um, wow...why are you so mad? I am banned from AnandTech right now so
I couldn't exactly contact you. Yes I do have you card back and I'm
trying to RMA. I don't have any money to give you until I can get a
working card back and sell it. I would borrow it but I am already
several hundreds of dollars in debt right now, so this just isn't
possible. Please continue to be patient and you will have your
refund. Thanks."

Not exactly the ideal type to handle thousands of our dollars. Sorry man but no way I'd let you handle my money. Thats kool you are making good on your word and all. But asking tons of people to make personal checks out to your name isnt exactly the best way to gain trust. Please go else where.

Edit------------------

Whoever wants to be the buyer please have a lot of credentials. Namely a long time account somewhere and all positive heatware feedback. A forum admin sure would be nice...
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #71
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

Unfortunately I have no heatware ratings at all... Too much of a packrat that never sells...
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #72
EnJoY
Cooling Neophyte

I was totally honest with you about my past, wasn't trying to hide anything. I'm glad you went through it and made your decision though, I completely understand. I personally wouldn't want to give any amount of money to anyone with anything less than 200 heat. But maybe that's just me. Oh well, good luck all.
Unread 05-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #73
BRiT
Cooling Neophyte

Any word from the other Panworld distributors? Any idea if ordering 20 would lead to any more of a discount? Or if they're game to shipping to X different locations? Depending on shipping costs from Cleveland, OH [44134] to other people interested, I'm half tempted to just pick up a lot of them and sell them. Sort of sounds like less hassle than finding a money-guy with positive heatware rating and coordinating everyone's funds availability, etc... all beforehand. Granted there's a risk of being stuck with excess pumps.
Unread 05-23-2005, 09:03 AM   #74
Bloody_Sorcerer
Cooling Neophyte

i doubt you would get stuck with an overstock of these babies... I can picture them going like hotcakes
any timeframe on the order? I'm gonna be skipping in and out of town all summer until august (starting june 12th). 2 weeks europe, back for a bit, 1 week in the adirondaks, back a bit, 2 weeks in nerd camp... you get the picture. at least at nerd camp i'll have plenty of computer time
Also, I'll ask some of my friends if they might be interested in this, but I know lots of them are already dumping cash on new PC parts, so I won't get my (or anyone else's) hopes up.
It would be really good if we could get a forum admin/site owner or something like that to coordinate the order.
Bloody_Sorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2005, 03:15 AM   #75
RaptorRaider
Cooling Neophyte

BTW, I just got a response from one of the Panworld distributors I emailed some time ago:
Quote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we have
> been experiencing problems with our e-mail system and haven't been able to
> access our e-mails. I will be back to you with prices as soon as possible.
>
> Best regards,
>
> ******* ******
I don't expect him to come up with different prices though.
Edit: prices are different...
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Sorry for the late reply, we can confirm:

Pump Model: NH-20PI-Z-H-D(24V)
List Price: £159.00 (231 euro) Nett, each, ex-works. (On an order for 10+ we
would be willing to give a discount of 10%)
Delivery: As this is a new product to the UK market, we currently don't
stock any units. Pan World have quoted that the units are currently on 45
working days, although they have stated that 10+ units could be added to a
shipment leaving Pan World (to the UK) on the 10th June 05.

Carriage: To be confirmed (dependant on service, delivery address etc) -
This will be at cost, we do not make money from carriage.

Best regards,

So what are we going to do right now? Cancel this or are we still going to do this?

Last edited by RaptorRaider; 05-26-2005 at 03:36 AM.