Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-23-2005, 11:20 PM   #51
divardio
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
The AVT sponsered upgrade program is also expected to start soon and will be under $20.
C-Systems Support
This sounds very decent.
divardio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #52
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

I'm glad to see that there is at least some positive response. I'd like to see them pull it off this time. Perhaps Dave will be brave enough to send pHaestus a sample pump for evaluation?
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #53
Dave
Cooling Savant

Thanks for the email.

We will be glad to send out a sample, just have editior email support.

Sorry the retail site is still not open, we are still having supply issues.
Everytime time we try and get enough parts set aside for retail use, our OEM orders increase.

I believe we should be able to provide retail pumps with next weeks shipment of magnetic material.

Also please understand the "leaked" review post on another site was a special pump running at 10 watts for an OEM customer, it was just in the retail case to speed there testing. This is why we asked it to be removed. We did not want to give people the wrong impression.

Dave
C-Systems Support
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #54
Hansfragger
Cooling Savant

I was considering giving The CSP Mag pump a try and sent D-Tek an E-mail on 2-25-05 asking if they knew when the pumps would be available or at least could I be put on a list for one when they become available. As of 3-8-05 I have not even received a simple courtesy E-mail from them stating they did not know or anything at all. Besides being a sloppy way to run your business, it is just plain rude. If this is the way they run their business, I would not order anything from them period. As Danger den responded to my E-mails in 1 day, I ordered a DDC-12V pump from them.
PC P&C 750, ASUS DVD R/RW,
Velociraptor 300, Raptor 74,
Storm rev2, modified Laing DDC,
modified HL BI2 Extreme, 7/16 ID Tygon,
modified DD res, PC ICE, TT liquid temp monitor
Hansfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #55
Dave
Cooling Savant

Sorry about that Hans, just email us next time you have a question.

According to sales, overclock.com in the UK is to receive first retail MAG shippment.

I will try and find out who is first in North Amercia

Dave
Unread 03-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #56
Risky
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
According to sales, overclock.com in the UK is to receive first retail MAG shippment.
Would that be over-clock.co.uk ?
Risky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #57
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ Yes it is
Unread 03-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #58
DryFire
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansfragger
I was considering giving The CSP Mag pump a try and sent D-Tek an E-mail on 2-25-05 asking if they knew when the pumps would be available or at least could I be put on a list for one when they become available. As of 3-8-05 I have not even received a simple courtesy E-mail from them stating they did not know or anything at all.
I e-mailed them when the csp-750's first came on pre-order and never got an e-mail back. Seems like a trend.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #59
Hansfragger
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Sorry about that Hans, just email us next time you have a question.

I will try and find out who is first in North Amercia

Dave

Thank You! If it makes any difference, I would be interested in one (or two) with the 9/16-18 thread so I can use the DD 1/2" high flow barbs.
PC P&C 750, ASUS DVD R/RW,
Velociraptor 300, Raptor 74,
Storm rev2, modified Laing DDC,
modified HL BI2 Extreme, 7/16 ID Tygon,
modified DD res, PC ICE, TT liquid temp monitor
Hansfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:48 AM   #60
Risky
Cooling Neophyte

I'll be interested to see the reviews on this new pump when it comes out. As regards the new port configuration, it is a shame the axial intake is not available as an option, maybe with a blanking plug.
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:14 AM   #61
fivecheebs
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
What kind of price point are we looking at here in the UK Dave?
fivecheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #62
Dave
Cooling Savant

Hans, email we directly, I have some good news for you

I don't know price, I am an engineer and have nothing to do with sales.
I only work at C-Systems about 10 hours a week as I still work at AVT full time.

Risky,I am the only support staff at C-Systems, I can honestly tell you we have replaced more 750 model pumps because of people forcing a plastic NPT fitting into the impeller, then damaged seals. This is why we placed the inlet port on the top with the new pump. We also believe it will save space and it is what our customers want. People often email me pictures of there set-up (please continue) and 90% will have an elbow on the inlet. The MAG inlet is less restrictive then a 90deg elbow.

You are the first one to suggest this is considered a negative feature, if I receive more feedback in this direction, I will discuss adding another model. I see no technical issue with this, just be aware the pump will be longer.
Unread 03-09-2005, 09:45 AM   #63
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Quote:
You are the first one to suggest this is considered a negative feature, if I receive more feedback in this direction, I will discuss adding another model. I see no technical issue with this, just be aware the pump will be longer.
Why not just add a small integral-to-the-housing reservoir over the inlet? Returned flow can then come in from whatever angle without restriction. If these are going into OEM situations where there are flexible hoses, then you need some kind of reservoir anyway, to make up for losses through the tubing. You could even integrate a pair of contacts at the "minimum fill level" and let your OEMs use a capacitive circuit to warn the user to refill (or whatever).
Just a thought, of course...
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #64
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Why not just add a small integral-to-the-housing reservoir over the inlet? Returned flow can then come in from whatever angle without restriction.
I have many times thought the same thing. What would really be slick is if you could get the whole thing to mount in two 3.5 inch bays. You could use part of that space for a small res and the rest of it could be for some sort of foam/rubber insulation so as to quiet the pump down. If you were creative you could use the front panels for a rheobus. This doesn't sound like an ida for C-systems but instead a company like frozencpu (they make their own 3.5 and 5.25 bay devices). If someone ends up doing it, just remember it was my idea.
Unread 03-10-2005, 03:44 AM   #65
Risky
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkoure
Why not just add a small integral-to-the-housing reservoir over the inlet? Returned flow can then come in from whatever angle without restriction. If these are going into OEM situations where there are flexible hoses, then you need some kind of reservoir anyway, to make up for losses through the tubing. You could even integrate a pair of contacts at the "minimum fill level" and let your OEMs use a capacitive circuit to warn the user to refill (or whatever).
Just a thought, of course...
I wonder if a solution will show as an aftermarket part. There are already two solutions for the DDC in germany. One that gives and axial inlet in addition to the usaual two and one that integrates a header tank.
Unread 03-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #66
Dave
Cooling Savant

We have an OEM unit with a larger round o-ring style port / mount for tank intergration.

The port/mount is about 1.5" diameter to provide a good seal surface and support the tank since it is plastic, which you must not over stress.

This is why there are 4 extra tapped holes on the back of the pump, even on the retail version.
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #67
Risky
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
We have an OEM unit with a larger round o-ring style port / mount for tank intergration.

The port/mount is about 1.5" diameter to provide a good seal surface and support the tank since it is plastic, which you must not over stress.

This is why there are 4 extra tapped holes on the back of the pump, even on the retail version.
Sounds good. Will wait to see what shows up out there...
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #68
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

Dave - hate to pester but both CSP-750 MKIIs that I have failed. I'm not interested in just replacing them with more CSP-750s to relive the experience. Is there any option to trade them in for the new models?
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #69
Marci
Cooling Savant

Quote:
The AVT sponsered upgrade program is also expected to start soon and will be under $20.
C-Systems Support
As stated earlier in the thread.
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2005, 05:41 PM   #70
DryFire
Cooling Savant

dave I suppose that it'll be up to distributor as to which pump they order?
Unread 03-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #71
Dave
Cooling Savant

We had more extra components come in this morning, so I should be able to get at the retail pages Sunday or early next week.

I would also like to inform my design changes for a back mounted inlet have been approved. The changes I suggest will be tested next week, and the pump will not increase in size. We should have the new model up in 2-3 weeks.

Once tested, you will have the option of which type of inlet you wish, and the parts can be interchanged.

In the future, please provide other suggestions. I have little to do on C-Systems retail time, answer 1-2 emails a day so I can use something else to do
Unread 03-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #72
DryFire
Cooling Savant

that'd be easier if we had some pics or some more info.
Unread 03-14-2005, 07:59 AM   #73
Risky
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
I would also like to inform my design changes for a back mounted inlet have been approved. The changes I suggest will be tested next week, and the pump will not increase in size. We should have the new model up in 2-3 weeks.

Once tested, you will have the option of which type of inlet you wish, and the parts can be interchanged.

In the future, please provide other suggestions. I have little to do on C-Systems retail time, answer 1-2 emails a day so I can use something else to do
Good Work!
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #74
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

How will the back mounted inlet effect the pump's performance? Will it increase head or flow rate? With the DDC the axial mounted inlet led to decreased head with an increase in flow rate. I'd imagine that you'd see similar results with a back mounted inlet on the new CSP-MAG. Though it is all speculation at this point.

Dave: who did you say was going to be first in North America to carry the pumps? I'd like to get my hands on one to test it out. What sort of price point will we be looking at in the states?

Suggestion: Don't make the sucker out of aluminum in the future and you'll make a lot of people happy. Try Derlin. It's a plastic that can be easily milled. Danger Den is currently using it on their maze 4 GPU blocks. It is basically inert and I can't imagine that it is much more expensive than aluminum. I'm sure that 90% of enthusiasts would pay an extra $5 to avoid problems with galvanic corrosion.

The Flaw List:

All we have so far (in our observations) is a little bit of exposed aluminum around the threads. Does anyone else with a cynical eye want to add something?

Last edited by maxSaleen; 03-14-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #75
Dave
Cooling Savant

Max,
I think the aluminum case is still best for threaded fittings. Given there is little exposed area and the Anolok finishing is very corrosive resistant.

It is unlikely the back inlet will make much difference in flow. The problem with the DDC is likely inlet size, not the angle. The MAG has a 3/8 inlet, and it is offset from the pre-chamber. This allows turbulent flow of impeller to decrease any losses.

The bearing test went fine, I will post PQ curves for both models next week.

Speaking of the DDC, Dan keeps asking me why we engineers work our butts off to design a 50,000 hour pump, when you guys are going to mod it?

You do understand the mod's you guys are making will have an effect on total operating rating, with both electrical components and bearings?

I said we would have retail pages up this week, but I screwed up the WEB site in a big way. C-Systems has a REAL WEB master working on it now. He is changing it all to php.

I think you can see some of his work at c-systems.ca/new