Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 01-26-2001, 06:29 PM   #1
melvyn
Cooling Neophyte

Default Watercooling newbie...

I've finally decided to watercool my K6-3 system 'coz the fan noise is driving me up the wall! I've been reading loads of website articles about w/c, and I just want to run my idea past more experienced peeps before I go out and get a load of bits.

I've got a 4x4x2" plastic box for my reservoir, that's going in the top 5" drive bay. I was going to get a 4x4" radiator, pump and copper poly-block from OCWC. The radiator going in the front of the case with a fan drawing air into the case through the radiator. The pump is going in the bottom of the case. Water flow will go reservoir -> pump -> radiator -> waterblock -> reservoir. Everything will have 3/8" fittings and pipework.

Does this sound viable, and would it be enough to keep the >750Mhz Duron I plan to get in a couple of months cool enough?

TIA, suggestions welcome

PS: Before I go and e-mail Chip at OCWC, can anyone tell me the overall dimenstions (incl. hose barbs and brackets) of the 4x4" radiator. Ta!

------------------
------
Melvyn
melvyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
Cablepro
Cooling Neophyte

that setup will cool your setup better than any aircooling setup can...

I believe the 4X4 radiators are actually 4X6 with the barbs and bracket
Cablepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2001, 11:52 AM   #3
melvyn
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Cablepro:
[b]that setup will cool your setup better than any aircooling setup can...
That's what I was hoping - plenty of cooling headroom for when I get a hotter CPU.

------------------
------
Melvyn
melvyn is offline   Reply With Quote