Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 12-01-2002, 12:51 AM   #1
redleader
Thermophile

Default What is the ideal fan for maximizing pressure generated at low RPM/dBA?

My experiemnts with 80mm fans on heatercores has not worked well. They seem to lack the pressure to force air through a radiator as effectively as I'd like. For reference 3 25CFM fans < 1 120mm undervolted to 40CFM.

When I redo my system I want to use fans that are not only very quiet, but also can push well against flow resistance at a given dB.

Are there any fans that tolerate flow resistance well?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 05:16 AM   #2
MadDogMe
Thermophile

I don't know of any specific axial fan, other than getting a good high CFM 38mm thick 120mm fan and running it at the speed/volume that suits you :shrug: . Papst DO make a creature called the 'Diagonal' fan which is a hybrid of the 'axial' and 'radial' fans that has a HUGE! static pressure, I've only seen it at the 127mm size though, and then only on their website, never for sale anywhere, if you find a retailer let me know please?...
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2002, 07:25 PM   #3
redleader
Thermophile

Why does DD only sell 32mm thick papst fans? 38mm fans would work better right?

Edit: Not to mention they're the ballbearing models
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote