Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 11-05-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
Mythrill
Cooling Neophyte

designing a block

Hi,

A friend of me can make blocks for me @ school wih a cnc machine, i have to make the design and he does the rest. He gave me some restrictions like the minimal bit size, its 3mm. If we want to use smaller bits we have to buy our own and he said thats to expensive.
Now im looking for an optimal design with 3mm channels. I already made a sketch with simple straight channels and a center inlet but i think it isnt working very well that way (to less turbulence).

Im also still looking for the measurements for blocks for a nForce2 chipset block and for my new XFX GeForce 6800LE.

Do you have some suggestions for me?
Mythrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
Kobuchi
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythrill
Do you have some suggestions for me?
Yup. Shut your eyes to conventional solutions, for a while. That way you might think of something better. If not, start from any proven design you like.
Kobuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #3
JFettig
Cooling Savant

Go check out jtsmachine.com thats where I get all my endmills. I use the cheap import carbides, I get them for about $3-$4 a peice for the smaller ones under 1/8"

I see your in netherlands, Chrion(hasnt been around here for a while) ordered some end mills from there and got them pretty fast.

Jon
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 07:23 AM   #4
Mythrill
Cooling Neophyte

We are going for the cascade style block, it think its the best we can make with the tools we have, for the chipset and gpu we just make blocks with the 3mm mill cause i think that willl be sufficient.

But can any1 give me measurements for an nforce2 chipset block and for a (XFX) Geforce6800LE? i havent found them anywere yet.

[edit]
Dont mind the nforce 2 measurements, allready found them
[/edit]

Last edited by Mythrill; 11-07-2004 at 07:32 AM.
Mythrill is offline   Reply With Quote