Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Breach
Cooling Neophyte

Default The C-Systems CSP-Mag Thread

www.c-systems.ca

The MAGs are being sold on thier online store, I suppose this means we will see them around very shortly with other distributors like D-Tek Customs, and Danger Den has mention of "a new pump in 2-3 weeks" which was a few weeks ago, so Im guessing they will have them too.

These pumps look perfect for what I want to do with my new loop, hopefully they stack up

Last edited by Der Brewling; 05-10-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Breach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

I think Dave will be sending me one to give the old once-over too. It's probably time to revisit pumps as I have 3 or 4 new ones here that are all pretty nice.
Unread 04-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
Breach
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah there have been quite a few new ones in the last few months, would be great to see a head to head (no pun intended ) comparison between the new ones.

A csp-750 vs csp-mag comparison would also be a good one to do to I think.
Unread 04-20-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Dave
Cooling Savant

Our retail page will only be up for a couple of months, it is there for the upgrade program.

After that we will go back to dealer only sales.

I have no idea how it got up, I came into work this morning, and sales started to get receipt mail from PayPal.

I checked the page, and there was still the out of stock listing, guess people found away around.

Is no big deal as it was going back up tomorrow anyways.

Still no word when new site will be up, but management is getting upset waiting

750 vs MAG, 2.7 vs 3.2 psi, 120 gph vs 140gph, MAG is 1/4" smaller and series configurable. We will offer other PQ curves as well, as the impeller is interchangeable

Last edited by Dave; 04-20-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Breach
Cooling Neophyte

When will we see new impellers?
Unread 04-21-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ When we see the need. Right now all the blocks I tested are doing very well with current profile, running about 6 L/M.

Increasing pressure reduces flow, hence we will only do so if there is an increase in system flow.

I hope overtime to have matched impellers per CPU block, but again right now they all have very close needs.

Different impellers should only be about $10-15, so in the future, if someone produces an improved block design which is more or less restrictive, you should be able to only change impellers. Because the magnetic is part of the impeller, we change motor char's along with blades.

In OEM form, we have MAG's with 160+ gph, and some that produce over 4psi.
Unread 04-21-2005, 06:38 AM   #7
saperboy
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Our retail page will only be up for a couple of months, it is there for the upgrade program.
So what's this upgrade program all about... have you got any info about this yet? Thanks.
saperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #8
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ Yes, you purchase a CSP-MAG from C-Systems site, and send your 750 back.
We refund your purchase $29.99 when we get your 750 back, in any condition.

You only return them, for us to make sure you have one to begin with

Starts tomorrow I believe, if new pages are not up, I have been told to make one myself.

Off to work, see all saturday.
Unread 04-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #9
Silent Bob
Cooling Neophyte

Hi Dave!

I'm from Portugal and I bought a CSP-750 mkII from a local retailer. The pump is branded COOLTEK( http://www.cooltek.de/ ).
pic:

It has been running flawlessly for 3 months straight, but I would happily exchange it for a CSP-MAG using the $29.99 discount from the upgrade program. But I still have some questions...

- Does the upgrade program apply only to C-Systems branded pumps, or all the other wordlwide dealers rebranded pumps?
- How much would I have to spend in shipping&handling expenses to get my pump sent to Canada and receiving the new CSP-MAG?
- Why isnĀ“t CSP-MAG available with top inlet and G1/4" ports ? Can you post a pic of a rear inlet unit please?

Thanks for everything and good luck with the new pump
Silent Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #10
Dave
Cooling Savant

-No top inlet G1/4 in stock

-Shipping is $6.99 for all

-We honour all brand names except Innovatek.

Will try and get a picture of rear inlet up Saturday when I go to C-Systems.
I work at AVT full time, C-Systems on weekends.

Dave
Unread 04-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #11
tong
Cooling Neophyte

hello Silent bob from accorss the ocean (portuguese too just born and raised in the U.S.) all right what's the retail going to be on these pumps for :

1. person who never had one b4 (so no trade in)

2. And person with trade in.

3. Also are you making them available for online purchase only or have you considered a store chain (ie: CrapUSA due to their now modding parts availability)?

only reason i ask is i hate i mean HATE waiting for packages, rather drive there and buy it if i can, besides gets me out of the house and away from wife's bitchin

My Ebay
tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #12
AngryAlpaca
Cooling Savant

Quote:
-We honour all brand names except Innovatek.
Just curious, why not Innovatek?
AngryAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 06:20 AM   #13
Dave
Cooling Savant

^No idea, comes from management.

Tong, there shipping to dealers now.
As for retail type purchase, you will need to look at other brand names.

C-systems does little retail under our own name, typically an OEM company.
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #14
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

Hi Dave ...I have a 750 mkII I think. I'm interested in the trade up deal. So you're saying if I purchase a MAG and send you the mkII I'll get a $29.99 refund correct? Is there anything else that I need to include with the shipment like any paperwork of any sort or anything else? Besides shipping address I mean.
My mkII was purchased from dtek about a month or so ago I believe.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #15
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ Yes, there is a simple form.
If page don't go up today, as I said, I will make one tomorrow morning.

You don't need the form right now, program "started" on the first, and many people have already ordered.

Anyone that purchased a MAG from C-systems site current or past can send there 750 back for refund. All the form asked for is name, address, where and date of 750 purchase, and email used for MAG paypal purchase, so we can refund same account.

**I guess C-Systems new WEB guys didn't work out
Unread 04-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #16
HammerSandwich
Cooling Savant

How can people who don't Paypal get an upgrade?
Unread 04-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #17
bobkoure
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAlpaca
Just curious, why not Innovatek?
I would guess that, as part of a lower-price negotiation, Innovatek agreed to be responsible for warranty. It's not an unusual thing to be "on the table" when a large distributor is negotiating with a manafacturer.
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #18
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Anyone that purchased a MAG from C-systems site current or past can send there 750 back for refund. All the form asked for is name, address, where and date of 750 purchase, and email used for MAG paypal purchase, so we can refund same account.(
As I said ...my purchase was from D-tek so does that make the refund offer invalid since I didn't buy it from the C-systems site?
Also ...if the offer is good can I buy the MAG thru D-tek and still get the refund thru C-systems?
One more thing ...I don't understand the "NPT or G 1/4 port" choices. Al I know is that I use 1/2" ID tubing ...which would apply?

Sorry for all of the questions but I want to clarify this before I make my next purchase.

thanks
csimon
Unread 04-23-2005, 05:57 AM   #19
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ I don't understand, are you saying you purchased a 750 from D-Tek or a MAG?
If 750, yes you can return it.

If it is a MAG type model with D-Tek label, this is a OEM deal and C-Systems support (aka I) has no part in this. C-System only supports C-System brand products unless indicated elsewhere by the branding company.

So no, you can not buy a D-Tek product and ask C-Systems to refund you.

The ports are based on the fittings you want to use.
In North Amercia, NPT fittings are most popular, in Europe G 1/4 is the standard.
You can find NPT and G 1/4 fittings for 1/2 tubes at most water cooling online suppliers.

D-Tek use there own special fittings, and I believe they provide said fittings with there pump.

Hammer- you must use paypal to pay, but you no longer need a paypal account.
If you do not have paypal account for refund, sales can mail you a money order.
We need to use paypal, as we have a world wide customer base.

Last edited by Dave; 04-23-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #20
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

I purchased the 750 from d-tek and the label is marked c-systems. I'll probably just purchase the mag from c-systems to insure that you can handle the warranty in the future. According to the d-tek website it looks like they label the mags with their own label.

also, thanks for clarifying the npt/g 1/4 confusion.

I see top inlet and rear inlet models to choose from. Are there any performance advantages between the two?

thanks
csimon

Last edited by csimon; 04-23-2005 at 09:45 AM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #21
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ The top inlet model has less restriction then a standard 90 deg 1/2 fitting.
So if you have room to not use an elbow, get the rear model, if not, use the top model.

We will have extra cases up soon, so you can change anytime

Upgrade page is up, sorry I am no WEB master.
No idea what is happening with new pages someone was hired to do.

You may want to purchase from D-Tek anyways as you will have to send any RMA up here to Canada. D-Tek maybe closer and able to service you better?

**NOTE we do not honour upgrade refund from our dealer purchases. There seems to be some confusion on this.

Dave

Last edited by Dave; 05-11-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 10:51 AM   #22
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

Sure I'll go to d-tek because paypal will take a little time to get sorted since so much of my account info has changed and updating my be near impossible.

The site update looks good enough ...the message is clear and the refund page dloads just fine!!!

Thanks Dave
csimon
Unread 04-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #23
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Am I seeing this correctly? You guys (c-systems) will be offering a block/pump combo? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Especially if it worked. Which is up in the air for right now. I've had the idea a couple of times, made some sketches, abandoned all because I couldn't make it work without 90 degree barbs (with one exception that I don't feel like sharing just yet).
Any pics of the block internals? Simple enough to make? Performance? I hope you guys can pull it off.
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2005, 06:27 AM   #24
Dave
Cooling Savant

^ AVT has been making a block/pump combo for many years, this is where the 750 came from.

We have been manufacturing the MAG version at C-Systems since Dec/2004.

Our OEM customers and our parent company use the industrial version as part of a TEC system. They use liquid to increase the efficency of the TEC unit.

At AVT we use them for confined space heat sinks.

The main difference between industrial and home PC use models is flow.
All our current industrial style units run 1-2 liters per minute, where most of the blocks you all use slope out at 4-5 L/m. Not much difference in pump, just line size as space is always the issue when we use this system.

We are working on using several different current popular cooling block designs with the co-op of the manufactures. C-Systems has no interest in competing with current block manufactures, as they are our main customers.

Performance is 6 L/m at 2.3M head, this is after the micro channel block.
So you will have 5.4-5.9 l/m running through rad. The unit is smaller and less weight then the copper heat sink I took the picture off.

Not much too take picture of Max, it is a standard MAG pump with additional channels on the back, and a mating surface for block. The block is a simple micro channel design that Dan calculated from a engineering paper, looks like white water or any of the others. The main developement was behind the pump, with the combo in mind. Controlling EMF and harmonics being near CPU as the issue.

We hope to start offering retail versions of our heat exchangers as well soon, just awaiting go ahead for the new molds, as our current plastic tanks will not fit most of your appications.

*Not at C-Systems today, there installing additional equipement and electrical will not be stable. Nice to have a day off

Last edited by Dave; 04-24-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Unread 04-25-2005, 02:04 AM   #25
floflooo
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
^ When we see the need. Right now all the blocks I tested are doing very well with current profile, running about 6 L/M.
I guess you just tried high flow waterblocs. In my experience with very restrictive waterblocs (popular in Europe), it is very hard to reach even half of the flow you mention. You may want to try products from 1a-cooling, Alphacool, Zern, Cool-Cases, or Icebear systems to make you an idea of what i mean.
I really expect to see the modified impelers coming out soon... and also a good review of the Csp-Mag of course.
floflooo is offline   Reply With Quote