Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-26-2005, 06:42 AM   #126
Dave
Cooling Savant

Yikes, that aint good.
We already heard burrs are getting past the operator, and we have taken steps.

The injected cases are also 4-5 weeks away, which should solve any machining problems.

Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #127
kaotic504
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Yikes, that aint good.
We already heard burrs are getting past the operator, and we have taken steps.

The injected cases are also 4-5 weeks away, which should solve any machining problems.

Dave
that's how mine came in, that's why i posted about drilling it out a bit, might as well kill 2 stones at 1 time. clean it up and drill it out, but since you guys said it would hurt flow, i didn't do it.
Dave, are those injected cases going to be made of Acetal as well? have you guys considered Polypropylene or Polyethylene, since it's going to be a molded part and not, machined?
kaotic504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #128
Breach
Cooling Neophyte

Hey dave, one of my pumps has begun to make a sort of ticking sound. This is actually the other one, not the one that got its impeller jammed (which as far as I can tell is fine). The pump wasnt making this noise initially, they both ran very quiet. Any thoughts on this?
Breach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #129
saperboy
Cooling Neophyte

Just wondering, did anyone went for the upgrade option by sending their old CSP-750 pump for $29.99 refund?
saperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #130
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach
Hey dave, one of my pumps has begun to make a sort of ticking sound. This is actually the other one, not the one that got its impeller jammed (which as far as I can tell is fine). The pump wasnt making this noise initially, they both ran very quiet. Any thoughts on this?
Cathar mentions the same problem with his one - is this common? I was going to order a pump, but reliability and silence are the two stop concerns for me here... shipping RMA's around the world isnt fun.
Unread 08-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #131
Dave
Cooling Savant

Can't figure ticking sound out, as everyone so far that has it, finds it goes away

I think I have one person convinced to send me his pump back, so I can see for myself.

Been able to reproduce this if I place the shaft out of position, and the sound is simply the impeller slowly moving back and forth in the bearings, which is fine.

The idea I have is maybe weak magnets, causing same effect, but this will show up in motor load testing.

Either way, we have increased the cap chamber size to hopefully remove this issue in the ABS injected cap's, which allow more impeller thrust movement.

**This is no wear issue, if the impeller is moving back and forth as suggested, was designed to do so. It is only that any noise in a very quite pump is noticable.

Last edited by Dave; 08-11-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Unread 08-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #132
HammerSandwich
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saperboy
Just wondering, did anyone went for the upgrade option by sending their old CSP-750 pump for $29.99 refund?
I did. Got the MAG promptly, tested it briefly, mailed the 750 to C-Systems, and emailed Sales to let them know. Haven't heard ANYTHING since, and it's been about a month now.

Thanks for reminding me to follow up on this, Saperboy.

UPDATE - I emailed Sales again and received a reply and the correct Paypal credit within 40 minutes. Well done, C-Systems.

Last edited by HammerSandwich; 08-11-2005 at 03:18 PM.
HammerSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #133
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

Default Dave, what's the status of the CSP-Mags these days?

I've been sitting on two dead CSP-750s waiting for the end of the teething problems on the CSP-Mag to take advantage of the upgrade offer. Is that upgrade offer still in effect, and how are the CSP-Mags doing? ironed out all the bugs yet?
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #134
mwolfman
Cooling Savant

Dave:
Im about to replace my noicy Hydor pump and Im just wondering if CS can make a diagram over the flowrate and pressure with the rpm and the watt (amps times the volt)?
~0,15452756±0,004125251°C/W , HL120.3 with 3 Papst 4412@7volt , Hydor L30II
mwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #135
Breach
Cooling Neophyte

I havnt really given my pumps a long break in yet, well see if that tick goes away on its own.
Breach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #136
Talonz
Cooling Neophyte

Just got my CSP-MAG. It had the very annoying, fairly loud ticking sound at first. After about 10 minutes, the ticking sound went away and the pump is SILENT. By that I mean, quieter then a 7v Yate Loon 8025M. You can't hear it when the case is closed.

Good job guys!
Talonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #137
Talonz
Cooling Neophyte

I may have spoken too soon... Now it's exhibiting a very fast buzzing sound, something like a fast clicking sound made by plastic maybe 10-15 times per second. Kind of disappointed now, since one of my goals was to eliminate annoying noises by watercooling. I will give you guys an update if anything changes..

Edit: Okay, it's quiet again, but not as silent as it was before. The ticking sound is much quieter. Hopefully it will go away with time.

Edit 2: Looks like it's come back now, very strange. I may have to check out the impeller, but it may be worth the hassle to let d-tek handle it

Edit 3: Ticking has slowed down considerably, now it sounds like a muffled hard drive seek sound. It is getting quieter.

Edit 4: Almost silent now!

Last edited by Talonz; 10-20-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Talonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #138
SidVicious
Cooling Neophyte

@ Dave :

I had a CSP-750 MkII for almost a year (bought it from www.bigfootcomputers.com on the 26th of November 2004), it just burnt out today after showing signs of failure for about a month.

I sent e-mails to sales@c-systems.ca on the 29th of September and on the 11th of October to inquire about the CSP-750 to CSP-MAG upgrade program and to inform them of the gradual leakage that my CSP-750 Mk II was displaying, I have yet to receive a response to those two e-mails.

Being ignored and having nothing to lose, I drained my loop and opened up my dead CSP-750 Mk II, the motor assembly was extremely hot, smelled the unique smell of burnt electronics and a few ml of water was in the motor housing.

On closer inspection, I noticed that the PCB was darkened and that the plastic on which the PCB rested was discolored, brittle and partially melted near the power cable solder points.

I pulled the motor out of the rotor magnet and saw that some surface mounted components (H0T 882 4BTAP) were scorched black. The aluminium housing is fine, not a hint of corrosion to be detected anywhere.

Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera to show pictures of that mess.

The good thing is that my computer survived, it automatically shut down when the CPU temperature reached the 60C threshold I set in BIOS. I'm currently running on a spare Eheim Compact pump I had.

I have been running my system (Mobile Barton @ 2.6GHz on 2V) 24/7 since I got the CSP-750 Mk II pump, the pump was hooked up to a Black Ice Micro rad, a TDX block and a custom made, 3 shut off valve bleeder based on the Swiftech FBK-525 design. The only additive used was Swiftech HydrX and the pump has never been run dry.

Now that I know that "You get what you pay for" hold true, I added a Swiftech MCP655 pump to an order that I had with Bigfoot.

Sorry but I am really dissapointed with C-Systems.
2x 40GB SATA RAID-0

HW Labs Black-Ice Micro 80mm rad
DangerDen TDX Copper waterblock
DEAD C-Systems CSP-750 MkII DC pump

Last edited by SidVicious; 10-19-2005 at 05:44 PM.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2005, 07:49 AM   #139
Dave
Cooling Savant

Ticking, still no idea. As Talonz states, starts, stop's, then sometimes starts again, they goes away.

Outright noise is the result of damaged bearings. We drop tested the design many times and could never damage the bearings, but I guess we where not as ruff as the couries can be.

Very few so far, even so we changed the bearing design and mounting to increase damage resistance.

We also changed shaft material from Stainless Steel to Tungsten Carbide, to avoid improper heat treating issues found in post inspection.

The upgrade the program is closed through sales, in fact sales is closed to all retail orders right now. C-Systems production is at full capacity for parent company internal use and OEM orders. AVT is also at full capacity developing product and tooling for OEM use.

The "big" pump is on the test bench, no idea yet if the contracting company wishes to release product for general use.

Many new products coming out soon, and the begining of 2006, none of which will have the "C-Systems" product label attached, but if you look in fine print you may see AVT

MAG-MKII completed developement and testing, again no idea on release dates.

AVT has sold there US automotive operations to one of there major clients and is expanding the Canadian operations with the purchase of a Toronto based pumping fixture company.

Thats about all the news I have guys.

**Sid I found your email in my box, sent you a responce.
Unread 10-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #140
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

thanks for the headsup dave.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #141
SidVicious
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Ticking, still no idea. As Talonz states, starts, stop's, then sometimes starts again, they goes away.
Wow ! It fixed itself, too bad mine did'nt have that feature...

Quote:
We drop tested the design many times and could never damage the bearings, but I guess we where not as ruff as the couries can be.
Sure, blame the courieRs for being too rOUGH, your design was adequate to begin with. :shrug:

Quote:
Many new products coming out soon, and the begining of 2006, none of which will have the "C-Systems" product label attached.
So it will be harder for users to avoid our flawed products, since they will be marketed under the label of 3rd parties, it will also be much easier for us to put the blame on someone else for our deficient products.

Quote:
The "big" pump is on the test bench, no idea yet if the contracting company wishes to release product for general use.
I hope that whoever is sitting in front of that test bench is having a "big" laugh watching your "big" mistake burn/leak itself to death "big" time.

Quote:
if you look in fine print you may see AVT
You may see AVT in the fine prints but you will most definetly find a substandard warranty and fingers pointed at a competitor's coolant additive, which they will attempt to dismiss as a "non standard fluids or additives" despite its widespread and troublefree use.
2x 40GB SATA RAID-0

Unread 10-23-2005, 01:45 AM   #142
flatline
Cooling Savant

nice personal axe grinding most informatave
Unread 10-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #143
Dave
Cooling Savant

Yes Flat, Sid is upset because we would not give him a MAG for free.

English is not his first language, and he believed a MAG costs $29.99, and we refund him $29.99, making it free. This was based on posts from this forum, where people asked about upgrade program, and I explained we refund you $29.99.

Sid believed this was the cost of the pump, and the refund amount

Prehaps someone else can explain the price was never $29.99, as he seems to think I am not telling the truth.
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #144
SidVicious
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Yes Flat, Sid is upset because we would not give him a MAG for free.
I am beyond upset at the moment, the CSP-750MkII sitting on my desk is a completely useless burnt piece of junk after 11 months of use despite the 50 000 hours MTFB that C-System threw around to mislead users into thinking that they were purchasing something reliable.

I'm not going to bend over and give your company more money just to end up with an other of your unfinished product that will end up being a time and money sink.

I should have bought a Swiftech MCP655 in the first place, it would have ended up costing me around the same amount of money as the purchase price of my CSP-750MkII plus the CSP-MAG upgrade cost, S&H and postal fee.
2x 40GB SATA RAID-0

Unread 10-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #145
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

At least you got 11 months out of your pump. My two CSP-750 MKIIs only lasted one month and 3 months respectively ( not counting that one was broken on arrival and which C-Systems did replace in a timely manner). I fortunately didn't damage my PCs either because they auto-shutdown on overtemping.

I had some hopes for the CSP-MAG and was interested in getting a pair to replace my dead CSP-750s with the upgrade offer. I was waiting till they had ironed out the teething problems with the CSP-MAG but those appear to have lasted longer than the upgrade program. At full retail price I don't think I'm interested in risking the money with the current track record. I guess I'll stick to the Laing DDC's for now.
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:05 AM   #146
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdb
At least you got 11 months out of your pump. My two CSP-750 MKIIs only lasted one month and 3 months respectively ( not counting that one was broken on arrival and which C-Systems did replace in a timely manner). I fortunately didn't damage my PCs either because they auto-shutdown on overtemping.

I had some hopes for the CSP-MAG and was interested in getting a pair to replace my dead CSP-750s with the upgrade offer. I was waiting till they had ironed out the teething problems with the CSP-MAG but those appear to have lasted longer than the upgrade program. At full retail price I don't think I'm interested in risking the money with the current track record. I guess I'll stick to the Laing DDC's for now.
Indeed. Such a shame, though - the MAG has potential, but you cannot expect users to pay the bill for R&D. Looks like ill be getting a DDC also.
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #147
dima y
Cooling Savant

Hey guys my friend ordered 3 pumps total from c-systems, 2 on 8/9/2005 and one more added to the order on 10/7/2005. The screwed up part is that he had someone else (his friend) pay for them with paypal so I think that could be the holdup. He has apperantly talked to C-systems numerous times about it and they say they send it 2 times but he still got nothing. So its been 3 month since the order and he still has nothing. He says he had a week of no responce on email.

Anyways I just thought someone on here might know something that I dont, I have been out of the watercooling loop for almost 5 month now. Cheers.
dima y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2005, 01:10 AM   #148
Kbofwy
Cooling Neophyte

Last edited by Kbofwy; 11-19-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Kbofwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:28 AM   #149
floflooo
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
The upgrade the program is closed through sales, in fact sales is closed to all retail orders right now. C-Systems production is at full capacity for parent company internal use and OEM orders. AVT is also at full capacity developing product and tooling for OEM use.
Dave... I sincerely hope you mean that the offer is only temporary unavailable for the reason you mention above. I have been waiting for promised CSP mag version with the two top g1/4 ports (which apparently is still not available) to upgrade my CSP750 X2 kit. Moreover, since I was interested in the offer, I saved all documents and webpages relative to it and none of them mention a limit for the offer. I would be very upset and it would be very inadequate for a company like C-Systems to not honor its own upgrade offers...
floflooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 08:43 AM   #150
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

what is it that you do not wish to understand ?
the history of this co., and their products, is on this site

and do compare their warranty response to that of any other supplier to this market
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote