Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Heatsink/ Heat Pipe / ThermoSiphon Cooling The cat will only make the mistake of putting its paw by your HSF once. :) Also the place to discuss the new high end heat pipe goodness.

Unread 07-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Default I would like you guys to look at this.... just pisses me off

Take a look at this link to Zalman's website:

http://www.zalmanusa.com/mboard/mboa...&order_da=desc

Notice the performance graph. We know what the intel stock cooler is like, and we can guess as to which 12cm hsf they used (thermalright xp-120), but they don't say jack about the watercooling system except for "Internal water cooling system with 120mm fan". That is pretty figgin vague. We know about the fan..... and that's about it.

It is fairly audacious for a company to claim that its HSF is BETTER than a water cooling solution. They could say this if they compared it to a SPECIFIC water cooling solution, but they seem to label water cooling in general inferior to its new HSF.

Sorry about the flamming. It just pisses me off that someone will read this and believe it.

Last edited by maxSaleen; 07-02-2005 at 10:15 PM. Reason: SP error in title
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #2
killernoodle
Thermophile

Yeah, but it certainly is a very nice looking heatsink!
Unread 07-03-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

look at the size of it...
for that size I'm supprised it doesn't cool better
Unread 07-03-2005, 05:05 AM   #4
RaptorRaider
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxSaleen
Notice the performance graph. We know what the intel stock cooler is like, and we can guess as to which 12cm hsf they used (thermalright xp-120), but they don't say jack about the watercooling system except for "Internal water cooling system with 120mm fan". That is pretty figgin vague. We know about the fan..... and that's about it.

It is fairly audacious for a company to claim that its HSF is BETTER than a water cooling solution. They could say this if they compared it to a SPECIFIC water cooling solution, but they seem to label water cooling in general inferior to its new HSF.
Can't you guess what they mean?

They mean sets like Thermaltake's Bigwater and Coolermaster's AQUAGATE R120 because they're cheap, popular, and crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if sets like those were indeed outperformed by Zalman's new aircooler.
RaptorRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2005, 06:40 AM   #5
OCC_Yoda
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorRaider
Can't you guess what they mean?

They mean sets like Thermaltake's Bigwater and Coolermaster's AQUAGATE R120 because they're cheap, popular, and crap.
I wouldn't be surprised if sets like those were indeed outperformed by Zalman's new aircooler.
Have you rerad any reviews on water cooling setups such as the thermaltake Aquarius3 or the rocket or any one of the zalman water cooling sytems?

All the reviews say that these water cooling solutions shoul;d not be used for hard core over clocking.. albeit they are marginally better or for that matter they turen in the same benchmarks as other air collers!!

Yes they are crap for serious over clocking!

I wouls tend to believe Zalman if they say it out performs most water cooling systems!
I would tend to believe that they werew referning to these other water cooling sytems---Thermaltake's Bigwater and Coolermaster's AQUAGATE R120 ,,,as well as others!!

No need to get your feathers in a bunch!!
OCC_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote