Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
disturbedsystem
Cooling Neophyte

need help with what to buy

Right now I have a Dangerden Maze 4 3/8" barbs. I was using a bong but I got tired of the noise and always adding water. Also I was using a cheap pump from wal-mart.

I need help with picking a pump, I have been looking a the Hydro L20 or the L30 or should I get something else? (don't want to spend more than $50 on pump) I'm going to buy a heatercore from the auto parts store. Also on my Maze 4 since it has the 3/8" barbs should I buy a new top plate that has 1/2", don't want to unless I have to. With the bong the temps were 32 to 33c at idle and around 38 to 39c at full load.

So I want to spend less than a $100 on the pump, heatercore and tubing and what ever else I need if possible since I already have the block.

Thanks and if you need more info let me know.

Also the two websites that I have been looking at is Becooling and dangerden. SO if possible pick stuff from one of those websites, unless there is a better one that is cheaper. I want to get everything from one website except the heatercore.

Thanks and sorry so long.
disturbedsystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
kronchev
Cooling Savant

i have a hydor L20 and its fine for a single maze4. what you should get is a Danner Mag 3 or Mag 5. They are really good, poweful pumps

sites:

www.mcmaster.com
www.marinedepot.com
www.dtekcustoms.com

Last edited by kronchev; 03-06-2004 at 11:00 PM.
kronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
pauldenton
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedsystem
Right now I have a Dangerden Maze 4 3/8" barbs. I was using a bong but I got tired of the noise and always adding water. Also I was using a cheap pump from wal-mart.

I need help with picking a pump, I have been looking a the Hydro L20 or the L30 or should I get something else? (don't want to spend more than $50 on pump) I'm going to buy a heatercore from the auto parts store. Also on my Maze 4 since it has the 3/8" barbs should I buy a new top plate that has 1/2", don't want to unless I have to. With the bong the temps were 32 to 33c at idle and around 38 to 39c at full load.

So I want to spend less than a $100 on the pump, heatercore and tubing and what ever else I need if possible since I already have the block.

Thanks and if you need more info let me know.

Also the two websites that I have been looking at is Becooling and dangerden. SO if possible pick stuff from one of those websites, unless there is a better one that is cheaper. I want to get everything from one website except the heatercore.

Thanks and sorry so long.
pump: mag3 $39.99
http://www.reefgeek.com/products/cat...ps/103755.html
i believe all you'd need to change is the barbs on the block ... dd can tell you the thread size/cost i imagine
http://www.dangerden.com/base_pages/contacts.htm
10ft of clearflex is $12 at dd
http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_H...bing_clamp.asp
pauldenton is offline   Reply With Quote