Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 09-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
2Busy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Does anybody know.........

Does anyone know of a set of prints that might exist to show the difference in layout of the old AT vs newer ATX layout of case and/or motherboards regarding the position of the i/o plate, card slots, etc? I am modding an older IBM server case that is an older AT style case to accept a newer ATX format motherboard. I know that the i/o plate is shorter in length, but am not sure about the relationship of the pci slots. A drawing would be great, as I dont have a spare motherbaord that I can pull out and start measuring on. Or, if someone has a dead motherboard they are willing to part with I will pay the freight. This case is so goofy in some regards its scary. The standoffs that were in the case are the Lian Li style that fit down in a square hole. But, they stick up above the tray by 3/8 of an inch. I want to lay all of this out and only do it once and then paint it and start my assembly. All help greatly appreciated!
2Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

my wife's case is an AT style case...
all i had to do was cut out a hole for the ATX faceplate(that comes with each motherboard)
the PCI/AGP slots line up perfectly...
you will have to change the power on switch as well.
my 2¢
Unread 09-11-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
2Busy
Cooling Neophyte

Default ATX to AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHacker
my wife's case is an AT style case...
all i had to do was cut out a hole for the ATX faceplate(that comes with each motherboard)
the PCI/AGP slots line up perfectly...
you will have to change the power on switch as well.
my 2¢
Wasnt going to use the power supply. I have a new one to put in, and make a mount for it since this is an old server case with redundant supplies. I am stripping them out since they feed into a pcb style connector and have no leads on them. What is really puzzling me is the heighth of the mobo standoffs. They seem twice as tall as todays standards. I think I will probably have to make my own standoffs to get to the correct height. I could tell the i/o shield was different and knew I was going to cut it out to fit, but thats no problem.
2Busy is offline   Reply With Quote