Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 03-04-2003, 09:10 PM   #26
BrianW
Cooling Savant

In my current system I have a Dtek core and shroud, with the fan sucking air through the core. It seems to be very effecient. I ran it the opposite way, and the only diference was that it was louder.

Another note:

I see people state that blowers have higher cfm and lower dba, however the few companies that I have looked @, that doesnt seem to be the case. Which blower are you referring to?

Brian W

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 09:34 PM   #27
Alchemy
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianW
In my current system I have a Dtek core and shroud, with the fan sucking air through the core. It seems to be very effecient. I ran it the opposite way, and the only diference was that it was louder.

Another note:

I see people state that blowers have higher cfm and lower dba, however the few companies that I have looked @, that doesnt seem to be the case. Which blower are you referring to?

Brian W
Any general one. Blowers by definition have a higher static pressure than fans.

Have you tried to see the effect on cooling when the fan is placed perpendicular to the radiator (as it is in your setup) rather than coaxially (as it is in most setups)?

Alchemy
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #28
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'd ignore the naysayers on this issue, no offense intended. I have no problems with my setup, and it is laid out similarly to yours. Using a box as a shroud is a very efficient setup (I can suspend papers and things on my radiator due to air suction ... it is pretty cool). You'll just need to make sure there is airspace so the case can breathe from the bottom up through your cores. Your setup WILL work.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2003, 07:56 PM   #29
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Thanks Air, I was designing another shroud all day at work. I was thinking of the physics of it all, and do realize that pushing will move more air, however not much more.

BTW: the whole thing will be on casters, that will give it 2" of space underneat. More then enough I would think.

Brian W

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
Unread 03-06-2003, 10:34 AM   #30
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I wasn't talking about pushing. I am pulling through my radiator, and I'm finding that I'm getting much better airflow. Trying to push against your radiators should be much less efficient because those fans are low pressure. You'll also find that because you have two opposing banks of fans, if you push, the fans will be working against each other rather than with each other as in the case of pulling through the rad. You want the negative pressure inside to get the best airflow.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #31
BrianW
Cooling Savant

I wasnt syaing that I was considering using Pushing in my setup. I also use my current setup with the fan sucking through the radiator.

Brian W

Unread 03-07-2003, 11:16 AM   #32
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Cool ... my bad.