Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
SlipoftheKnife
Cooling Neophyte

Default Suspended Radiator Mounting Idea

It's me again with possibly another wacky idea. I purchased these from CrazyPC http://www.crazypc.com/products/93421.html to mount my fans and radiator. I was thinking of putting some cross-members in my case with holes for the zip-tie thingies can pass through. Possibly 2 problems. The first is that in order to insert the zip tie things through the radiator it has to push its way through the path of a few fins. There are 12 points in which these pass through for each bolt hole for the fans to mount on the radiator. The second problem, is it bad hanging it upside down like that? I was thinkg as I'm writing this, wouldn't hanging the radiator like that dampen the sound of the radiator as well? Another note to add in I'm also using dampening pads between the radiator and fans as well. Here is a pic I've crudely drawn up to help explain

Last edited by SlipoftheKnife; 05-04-2008 at 06:13 PM.
SlipoftheKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
ben333
Uber Pro/Mods

Default Re: Suspended Radiator Mounting Idea

Well asking $5 plus shipping for four *special* zip ties is a bit insane Plus I don't think it would be much quieter than just putting some padding (neoprene or foam) or rubber grommets between the radiator and the case. Also, do you really want it hanging in there and possibly banging into other things if you move the case?
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
billbartuska
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipoftheKnife
It's me again with possibly another wacky idea.
Where does the exhaust from the radiator go?
Two Opticals and 120 gigs (w/28gigs in RAID0) on 4 Maxstors
billbartuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
=ACID RAIN=
Cooling Neophyte

I just did this:

By doing a strap across the bottom and a matching strap across the top fighting against one another, you create tension and therefore a sturdy mount. I've taken this to lan parties and the rad does NOT move.

The straps you can't see up front are around the barbs, but the same principle applies.
=ACID RAIN= is offline   Reply With Quote