Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-07-2003, 02:31 AM   #76
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Brass? Those are the three most common materials ....
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:13 PM   #77
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

UPDATE:

Minor updates were made to the zip mirror files to make it a bit more user friendly (I got some letters from users). If you are hosting a mirror could you please make the changes? They can also be source ripped from my mirror on the following pages:

instructions.htm
heatercoreinline.asp
heatercorelinked.asp

It's just a change in the instructions and labelling to make it more idiot-proof, so it's not a big deal.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
Unread 06-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #78
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Anyway you could make it no dependent of Frontpage extensions? Prolly too much work heh?

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #79
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

I'm not sure. I'm using MS Access and FPDB retrieval tools. To convert to MySQL and PHP ... *shudders*. Really all you need to do is install the frontpage 2000 extensions which are available for IIS and Apache (Lin&Win).
Unread 07-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #80
Seyeklopz
Cooling Neophyte

The conversion rate on the heatercore database is wrong. It should be 1 inch = 25.4 milimeters
Seyeklopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 12:28 PM   #81
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

And I have ??? I'd be more than happy to fix any errors since many can be search/replaced.

I'm considering porting this to MySQL in the near future for you potential mirrorees. I'll let you know what happens as I experiment.
Unread 07-01-2003, 12:47 PM   #82
Seyeklopz
Cooling Neophyte

It says 22 on here
Unread 07-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #83
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Hrm, good catch. I used a converter when I did the math, and that's what I thought you were referring to. Will fix. Have fixed.
Unread 07-05-2003, 05:43 PM   #84
Seyeklopz
Cooling Neophyte

I found a pretty good list of heater cores.
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1031/
2-651 looks pretty good. Could put a pair of 120mm side by side.
2-696 is even better 8x5 inches.

Semi-related info:
I bought this on ebay. Looks nice, hope it works
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

Last edited by Seyeklopz; 07-05-2003 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 07-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #85
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Some ijit on Overclockers linked my database directly in article 769 on July 7, 2003. Because of this, I'm moving the dbase off of my current host to a public server. I am going to have to make a request to you all: please, if you reference the database, link to www.airspirit.net rather than the dbase directly. This just ends up causing you grief when I end up moving it, and it causes me grief by not knowing how active it is. That front page is devoid of ads, popups, or any other annoying nonsense: it is simply an online favorites list that links to articles I've written or that I endorse, tools such as this, hosted forums, and sites that kick ass.

Please help me with this, guys.

edit: the dbase will be inaccessable at the old address as of 1630 PST on 7/8/03.

Last edited by airspirit; 07-08-2003 at 03:19 PM.
Unread 07-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #86
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

FWIW...

I had to trim the tubes off of my 2-304, and the stubs left are 1/2" brass pipes, the same as if they were copper tubes. I'll be soldering 1/2" fittings on them.

The point is that some tubes are enlarged to make a specific connection, and that it may not have anything to do directly with the size of the tube that's soldered on the tank.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #87
redleader
Thermophile

Where is it on http://www.airspirit.net/ ? Am i dense cause I don't see it.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #88
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Due to the ISP screwing up the DNS entry, randomly www.airspirit.net and airspirit.net will point to either the old (unworking) IP or new (working) one. This should be resolved quick or I'm going to go nuclear. At any rate, the IP address is 68.168.65.180 while the DNS entry is unfscking itself.
Unread 11-19-2003, 01:27 PM   #89
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by airspirit
Due to the ISP screwing up the DNS entry, randomly www.airspirit.net and airspirit.net will point to either the old (unworking) IP or new (working) one. This should be resolved quick or I'm going to go nuclear. At any rate, the IP address is 68.168.65.180 while the DNS entry is unfscking itself.
Odd, when I click on the airspirit link it doesn't work (Cannot find server error) but when I click on the IP address is pops right up?

Is www.airspirit.net dead or what?
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2003, 02:01 PM   #90
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

I'd be happy to host this on Procooling as well if you'd like airspirit. Perhaps Joe can even get you an airspirit.procooling.com?
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #91
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Well if it was not dependent on microsloth frontpage extentions, I would gladly host. :shrug:

BTW the site works for me.

Brian

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
Unread 01-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #92
RedPhoenix
Cooling Savant

Great site. I love it!

A question about the 2-308

That is just the fin dimension correct? I just want to double check.

So that is 4 fans on each side too? whoa

www.mysoarer.com
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2004, 01:45 AM   #93
BrianW
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Great site. I love it!

A question about the 2-308

That is just the fin dimension correct? I just want to double check.

So that is 4 fans on each side too? whoa
All the heater cores in there are measuring fin area only.

BrianW

Unread 01-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #94
rocketmanx
Cooling Savant

Having a buddy that owns a NAPA store I figured I'd go poke around and see what they had. Well, if any of you U.S.guys have a NAPA store close go there to look. Their catalog lists so many HC's with sizes and tube sizes it was overwhelming. Found some Jeep HC's that were perfect size but the one I wanted there was only one available in the country I wound up with a '77 Impala with A/C for 17.50 @ Auto Zone. 14cmx30cmx5cm tanks included.
The NAPA parts book is a great resource if you have a NAPA store.

One thing I found with my Impala HC I've never seen mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up as I think it's somewhat common to HC's.
The Impala HC comes with a nylon 1/4" ID flow restrictor inserted into the 5/8 tube. Was down in the tube far enough that until I cut the tubes down to solder on fittings did I finally notice it. Not good. With an easy-out it came out very easily and now the HC has what feels like zero resistance to air passing through.
Unread 01-18-2004, 10:21 AM   #95
RedPhoenix
Cooling Savant

Picked up a 2-275 Thanks to this Heatercore Database

www.mysoarer.com
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #96
cristoff
Cooling Savant

too bad its down...
Unread 03-10-2004, 07:39 AM   #97
hamster_34
Cooling Neophyte

is the site going to come back up??
hamster_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 03:44 AM   #98
Tyop
Cooling Neophyte

A useful site for us europeans looking for heater cores was Nissens. You have to register and log in to search for heatercores, but it's worth the hassle.

Click on Catalogue in the top menu. Click on new login to create your account.

Once that's done go back to the Catalogue page and log in. Click on Radiators. Click on Heaters.

Select make and model and a list should appear at the bottom. Click on the link on the left in the list for a popup listing the details of that core.

[Edit: Thanks pauldenton, fixed the link!]

Last edited by Tyop; 03-20-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Tyop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #99
pauldenton
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyop
A useful site for us europeans looking for heater cores was http://www.nissens.dk/new/uk/index.htm. You have to register and log in to search for heatercores, but it's worth the hassle.

Click on Catalogue in the top menu. Click on new login to create your account.

Once that's done go back to the Catalogue page and log in. Click on Radiators. Click on Heaters.

Select make and model and a list should appear at the bottom. Click on the link on the left in the list for a popup listing the details of that core.
link is wrong - you mean this i think
Nissens

had a look and looks good -
seem to be able to give v little info when you register, which was nice...

Last edited by pauldenton; 03-20-2004 at 11:30 AM.
pauldenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:08 PM   #100
tapo210
Cooling Neophyte

has the database moved again?
tapo210 is offline   Reply With Quote