Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-23-2002, 04:59 PM   #26
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Here's a screen, 2407mhz 28.8C water temp. System 2 in pic is room temp, system one temp is mobo.
It performs neck and neck with my other block. I need to get a good commercial block to compare to.
I have also created an optional base which is much easier to make that I will be testing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2407 load 28.8c water.jpeg (64.9 KB, 301 views)
gone_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2002, 03:25 PM   #27
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

There are now two of these monsters
Another version ready for testing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ready to swap.jpg (51.1 KB, 274 views)
Unread 07-24-2002, 09:30 PM   #28
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

well I spose I'm commercial now, so I guess I can post something for ya....

running on 2 Duron1G on a Tyan tiger S2460 clocked to 1190 Mhz v-core 1.79. granted, no 2.4gig's but it gives you something to measure against...

the busyness end of things look like this.....

HOT SIDE:

and the

COOL SIDE:
Unread 07-24-2002, 10:32 PM   #29
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Wow, nice site #Rotor. How long have you been commercial and do you make all the blocks yourself?

Here's a screen of my block #2 temps. The left is idle and the right is load. Its at max vcore 1.95 (any higher and voltage protection alarm kicks in and I don't want to mod around it for safety reasons). The room temp in this one is 22C - 22.5C (system 2).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2512 bench block2 3.jpg (54.1 KB, 245 views)
Unread 07-24-2002, 11:10 PM   #30
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

officially about a month... in reality about 3 years now( but as a privately sponsored entity)...

I guess it's what happens to a hobby that got ripped so totally out of proportions....
Unread 07-24-2002, 11:58 PM   #31
webmedic
Cooling Savant

how are things going for you rotor?
Unread 07-26-2002, 03:07 PM   #32
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Thanks for the replies everyone
Here is a shot of the second block installed. I changed the location of the AMD mount holes to be on the same side as the P4 mount holes. This allowed me to trim the other two sides narrower to make it more sleek. The design is such that any orientation of the block will not effect performance.
Now I am going to make up some more and sell them. I will also make a resevoir that goes with it and include 8 ft of 1/4" id tygon tubing so converting to the four barb outlet system will be easy. No pricing yet but my goal is to make it affordable
Does this sound like a reasonable approach to offer it all as one package?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg closup block2 installed.jpg (49.4 KB, 219 views)
Unread 07-26-2002, 03:20 PM   #33
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

WebMedic.... Calm before the storm I hope.....

Gone_fishin If I may inquire, what does your base plate look like on the inside, mine looks like this

picture
Unread 07-26-2002, 03:25 PM   #34
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

#Rotor, I'm not prepared to unveil it yet till I get some more made. Yours is a good design and not to worry, mine is not like that
Unread 07-26-2002, 05:14 PM   #35
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

yip .....I understand fully, had the veil on mine for a couple of years now... but desided to be a little more information friendly, I figured I'd show the world my design now, and that way I can't really be robbed of it, as I most deffinately do not have the loot to go patent any of this( as if we can patent liquid cooling).... beside, I see it as the biggest complement if I get copied (I'd be so lucky)....
Unread 07-26-2002, 05:20 PM   #36
webmedic
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by #Rotor
yip .....I understand fully, had the veil on mine for a couple of years now... but desided to be a little more information friendly, I figured I'd show the world my design now, and that way I can't really be robbed of it, as I most deffinately do not have the loot to go patent any of this( as if we can patent liquid cooling).... beside, I see it as the biggest complement if I get copied (I'd be so lucky)....
Does that mean you don't mind If I make some?

By the way I talked to you a long time ago about getting one of your blocks for testing. I'm still interested and I have quite a few more to test it against now. a couple swifty designs that I moded for high flow, dd maze2 and 3, the crystal cooling block that I make, and I wouldn't mind throwing yours into the mix. Are you still game?

I'll put the results up on water-cool when I get done. It will be sooner then subzero probably.
Unread 07-26-2002, 10:26 PM   #37
Anomaly2181
Cooling Neophyte

That is a sweet looking block. Like mentioned earlier, does it fit in the case without kinking the tubes? Is there room for a pelt under it?
Unread 07-27-2002, 05:18 PM   #38
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Anomaly2181
That is a sweet looking block. Like mentioned earlier, does it fit in the case without kinking the tubes? Is there room for a pelt under it?
Yes it fits in the case without kinking the tubes. The barbs are within the boundary of the Intel HSF retention mechanism as a reference to how far out the barbs go. The base can accomodate up to a 52mm X 52mm peltier when used in conjunction with a cold plate. Holes only would need to be drilled through the top plate to accomodate an oversized(as compared to the base) coldplate so it could be pre clamped to the required pressure.
Unread 07-28-2002, 01:12 AM   #39
Anomaly2181
Cooling Neophyte

I like your design because the rig i'm going to make is going to be utilizing a pelt and CPU,GPU,Northbridge WB's. I'm not sure if I want to incorporate a hardrive wb because I'm goign to have a raid setup with 2 drives. I could maybe stack the hd's with a WB in the middle but I'm not sure it would be necessary.

How good of cooling are you getting with these, and how much would one cost to the consumer
Unread 07-28-2002, 01:36 AM   #40
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Anomaly2181
I like your design because the rig i'm going to make is going to be utilizing a pelt and CPU,GPU,Northbridge WB's. I'm not sure if I want to incorporate a hardrive wb because I'm goign to have a raid setup with 2 drives. I could maybe stack the hd's with a WB in the middle but I'm not sure it would be necessary.

How good of cooling are you getting with these, and how much would one cost to the consumer
My cooling is very good and I posted some screen shots of temps in this thread somewhere. A pelt will fit on here but I have not tested it with one. Pricing is not set yet so I cannot say till I get some done. Thanks for your interest
Unread 09-09-2002, 04:42 PM   #41
gone_fishin
Cooling Savant

Got ahold of a cracked spiral block I am going to fix. Here's a side by side with my creation

Although I am still not revealing the innards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg onside spiral.jpg (26.7 KB, 99 views)
Unread 09-11-2002, 05:02 PM   #42
Slipknot
Cooling Neophyte

Why not?
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:04 AM   #43
MadDogMe
Thermophile

Hey!, gone fishin!, thats simular to my 'theoretical best block'!!, cept I'd have more than four exit holes in the 'main chamber'. instead of having all those barbs I'd have another 'chamber' on top that they all vent into with one exit barb.
I wish I could show a pic . It would be made of three different layers.
My reason for wishing I had a milling machine ...
The base plate(6mm thick) would have a curcular 'hole' machined into it(4mm deep) with 'exit' holes drilled into it from the top at 45deg angles around the circle.

The middle plate(4mm thick) would have 45Deg holes that mate with the baseplate, so when together they would form a < shaped tubes/channels. this plate would also have a hole threaded central for the inlet barb.

The top plate would be simular to the base, with a circle/hole(slightly wider to encompass 'vent holes') that the < tubes vent into, this would be the 'collection' chamber. it would have an ofset barb for the exit, and a central threaded hole for the inlet barb. the inlet barb thread would have to be long enough to 'span' the top plate 'circle/hole and reach the middle plate 'inlet barb thread' ...

The three would be bolted together with allen bolts by choice but could be soldered, I'd prefer to be able to break it down for cleaning though. There is loads more to the design, these are the basics though, the channeles in the base plate I'd have radiating from the inlet barb like 'spokes' I don't know if it would bwe best to have them 'full height' and meeting the 'middle plate', or 'half height' and adding turbulance...

Ahhh!, to be able to reach the tuning stage ...
PS. did any of that make sense?.LOL!!, I have it in my mind, but don't know if I explained myself well!...

Last edited by MadDogMe; 09-12-2002 at 03:11 AM.
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2002, 03:22 PM   #44
jtroutma
Cooling Savant

What are you going to name that thing? the Octopus?!

Great job man.
SCSI Raid 5 x (3) Cheetah 15K HDDs
LSI Express 500 (128MB cache)
OCZ PowerStream 520W PSU
ATI X850XT PE (Stock)
DTEK WhiteWater + DTEK Custom Radiator
Eheim 1250
jtroutma is offline   Reply With Quote