Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 12-02-2000, 10:14 PM   #1
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Just thought I would talk about my favorite book/Movie.

There are a BILLION good lines in this movie!

"There he goes, one of gods own prototypes... A High powered mutant not even considered for mass production... Too weird to live, to rare to die"
Thats one of the best in the movie.

I guess you gotta have a twisted sense of humor to like this movie. Also I do know a few friends that lived through that time ( I wasnt even a thought back in 1971) and they saw it much more as a serious movie.

Infact I do know 2 people who when they watched it with me walked out of the movies stunned, and shaken by it. Some parts of the movie are fairly serious and as any Terry Gillam film always have difrerent meanings to different people. I personally and my parents, and most of the people I know laughed untill our throats were sore at most of it the first time. I have watched it prolly 200 times, and now its more interesting then funny. After you read the book which is a bit different then the movie.. and covers alot more, you watch the movie and key off of what Terry was tryign to say with certain images.

Truely an outstanding movie ( then again every one of Gillams movies are outstanding ( weird but outstanding). I rank him right up there with Stanley Kubrick.

If you havent watched Fear and Loathign in Las Vegas, rent the DVD, and watch it with a cross section of different people, its very interesting to hear what the different generations get form it, some laugh, some get upset, some get sad, some just are in awe, its the best movie in my entire 150+ dvd collection which includes the entire Kubrick and Gillam collections. Theres just no movie I have that can entertain, and make me really think about it like Fear and Loathing can.

Just watched it and .. had to post bout it

also check out "where the buffalo roam" it has bill murray playing Hunter S Thompson ( who is play'd by Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing)

Comdex 2001 - ProCooling is going to vegas and re-creating it so hold on! if you see a big red convertible caddy bomb'n down the road, get the heck outta the way

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2000, 10:55 AM   #2
Linux
Cooling Savant

blah blah.. hey post the ip to the server u play on cs!

------------------
AiM-xXBrickHouseXx
Linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2000, 10:59 AM   #3
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

I was out playing alot last night!! ok I am going to take a shower and wake up, but then I will be on this server:
BE THERE - 209.212.196.185 27015 NetHeads Armageddon

I will be there in an hour

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2000, 01:00 PM   #4
Linux
Cooling Savant

ok... i wish i knew what time u posted that... but its about 1:00 EST... so ill see you @ the server, im gonna go play now
later

------------------
AiM-xXBrickHouseXx
Linux is offline   Reply With Quote