Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 02-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
1nsane
Cooling Neophyte

homemade waterblocks

at my university i gained access to a CNC frais machine (it is allowed!) and being a tweaker i quickly thought of the idea of making a waterblock so i did some inventory, at first what material to use?

copper, aluminum or "messing" (dont know how it is spelled in english it's a mix of copper and zinc), messing is gonna be used to test if the machine is capable of making exactly what i want after that i will either get copper or aluminum to go and produce some of em.

but then there are some problems:

-the design must be put in to "mastercam" (www.mastercam.com) something like autocad this is, maybe some one has experience with this?

-what design to use? the machine has a minimum drilling width of about 2 millimeters.

-what material to use?

i know it may be a bit lame but if someone has a design (in mastercam or another program from which it is exportable to mastercam) from a maze 3 or somesort maybe you can mail it to me? jochemdebruin@hotmail.com , he who does gets a free specimen of the cooling block!

grtz

1nsane
1nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
Susquehannock
Cooling Neophyte

A pure Copper block is by far your best bet in my opinion.

Don't know what to say about the mastercam as I'm an "old skool" Machinist that's
used to doing everything by hand.