Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-06-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
Blackeagle
Thermophile

Knock off LRWW, I think @ ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=42001

Look pretty close, but I believe I count one extra fin.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
hydrogen18
Cooling Savant

The one from from D-Tek looks a little diff, as in the bolts holding it together are different.
hydrogen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 03:43 AM   #3
winewood
Cooling Savant

another one..

This one looks even better. I didn't thing NeoMoses would have done this.. Thing is, the lwrr is definitely easier to copy than some of the others.
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:27 AM   #4
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

now that is ripping the designs master off, for some cheap dow...

Shame on them. I hope the Gen.pub is educated enough not to support such thievory, but to rather get it from where the Master thereof will at least see something for it..

Last edited by #Rotor; 08-07-2003 at 04:40 PM.
#Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #5
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

What pisses me off more than anything is this asshole linked to the White Water results at overclockers and is trying ot make people think it is an original White Water. It has sever design flaws in it compared to the White Water. The channels are to thin, the fins are to wide, the barbs are to small, and there is no impingment! All he did was mill a groove in the middle of the channels.

As for the Nemisis, it is a better design but still short of the White Water and the prick that made is a joke to boot. We been over it with him before.

These little chicken shits are in it for the money and unable to be remotely original. They are trying to use the White Water publicity to fool idiots that do not know any better into buying their lesser designs of it. Then again that pretty much sums up Corporate America.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 11:58 AM   #6
nikhsub1
c00ling p00n

I replied to the same subject over HERE and it pisses me off too. The block isnt even close to a WW, where it the o-ring? And those horrible screws. I could care less if the guy sells a million of them, the thing that chaffs my arse is the linking to the BillA review of the WW inferring that it's performance is similar. I have emailed a complaint to ebay and to the owner of the auction.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
E6700 @ 3.65Ghz / P5W DH Deluxe / 2GB 667 TeamGroup / 1900XTX
PC Power & Cooling Turbo 510 Deluxe
Mountain Mods U2-UFO Cube
Storm G5 --> MP-01 --> PA 120.3 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
1,223,460+ Ghz Folding@Home
aNonForums
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 12:21 PM   #7
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

as did I
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 04:56 PM   #8
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

I call for a front page mention of this, In an effort to educate people towards these kind of abominations lurking out there.... I am going to link it on my site, I think it would be appropriate for all that has the ability and some cyberspace real-estate, to do so too....if they want.....
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:08 PM   #9
nikhsub1
c00ling p00n

Quote:
Originally posted by #Rotor
I call for a front page mention of this, In an effort to educate people towards these kind of abominations lurking out there.... I am going to link it on my site, I think it would be appropriate for all that has the ability and some cyberspace real-estate, to do so too....if they want.....
Agreed! It would be hilarious if JoeC at OC.com put up a temp page with the guys link saying "The block on EBAY is a fake and will not perform like a REAL WW" or something to that effect.

Storm G5 --> MP-01 --> PA 120.3 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
aNonForums
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #10
redleader
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by nikhsub1
Agreed! It would be hilarious if JoeC at OC.com put up a temp page with the guys link saying "The block on EBAY is a fake and will not perform like a REAL WW" or something to that effect.
This really needs to happen. Anyone close enough to Joe to suggest it?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #11
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
I only get about 30 unique hits a day on my site but I will throw it on the front page after I get home tonight.
Unread 08-07-2003, 05:57 PM   #12
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

30 hits, is 30 potential customers of those pricks, that just got shown the light...

I'm not linking to Ebay..... I'm linking into this thread.... some won't get the gist if you link to ebay.... this thread will at least explain to them what it's all about....
Unread 08-07-2003, 06:01 PM   #13
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
30 hits, is 30 potential customers of those pricks, that just got shown the light...

I'm not linking to Ebay..... I'm linking into this thread.... some won't get the gist if you link to ebay.... this thread will at least explain to them what it's all about....
Thats what I am also going to do with a summery of what I think about it. Will be home on a few hours and will be on the first thing to do list when I get there.
Unread 08-07-2003, 11:28 PM   #14
winewood
Cooling Savant

Now don't go flaming me all at once...

technically, the white water was constructed and out in the public domain. I don't support somone ripping off anything, however in a court of law I don't see how they could do jack squat to stop them from making clones. If danger den started cranking these out... could anyone stop them? I don't understand how they could.
If a court room couldn't stop this guy from making and selling these, why would ebay give a care what so ever to this guy making a near ww clone? As to statements of perfomance, ebay is not going to understand, much less be able to draw conclusions that this as false advertising.
You guys are appalled at the gaul of NeoMoses and that other guy, however realistically stop and ask youself what you really expect ebay to do about it?

I don't like the link to bills page unless there was a clear disclaimer that it is only for informational purposes on similar design techniques. However he didn't say that. Is this an expressly forbidden rule in ebay?

Last edited by winewood; 08-07-2003 at 11:36 PM.
winewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 11:54 PM   #15
Zhentar
Cooling Savant

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if cathar is licensing the LRWW to D-Tek, someone somewhere owns a patent or copyright on the design.

And implying that a considerably different (and by all indications, better) product is in fact the one your selling can't be legal, copyrighted or not.
Zhentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 11:59 PM   #16
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by winewood
Now don't go flaming me all at once...

technically, the white water was constructed and out in the public domain. I don't support somone ripping off anything, however in a court of law I don't see how they could do jack squat to stop them from making clones. If danger den started cranking these out... could anyone stop them? I don't understand how they could.
If a court room couldn't stop this guy from making and selling these, why would ebay give a care what so ever to this guy making a near ww clone? As to statements of perfomance, ebay is not going to understand, much less be able to draw conclusions that this as false advertising.
You guys are appalled at the gaul of NeoMoses and that other guy, however realistically stop and ask youself what you really expect ebay to do about it?

I don't like the link to bills page unless there was a clear disclaimer that it is only for informational purposes on similar design techniques. However he didn't say that. Is this an expressly forbidden rule in ebay?
False advertizing. He is linking from information that was not paid for by him and is not about his product and using it to promote his product. Simple case of false advertizing and mis information to blindly lead customers into buying a product they think is something different. His little design sentance is irrelevant being it isn't even close to a real White Water. Which adds to the false advertizing. You don't see AMD using specs from Intel in an attempt to make people think they are buying an Intel when they really get an AMD. it is against the law and it can be inforced if you have the money.

All I can do is post a blurb on my site and speak my peace on these forums though. If I was rich I would assist in a law suite!
Unread 08-08-2003, 12:16 AM   #17
hydrogen18
Cooling Savant

umm, IMHO, DD does steal ideas(bash me if you want, but ure like defending satan to me, so ill just ignore you). A quick look here shows what I mean, and shows waterblock design theft isnt isolated to the WW...

http://forums.digital-explosion.co.u...opic.php?t=607

http://forums.digital-explosion.co.u...opic.php?t=569

http://forums.digital-explosion.co.u...opic.php?t=525
Unread 08-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #18
winewood
Cooling Savant

well... I'd never defend Satan.. LOL
I had no idea that they did that kind of stuff. First time I even saw the accusation.

HOWEVER, I have noticed that this is not stopping many if any from buying the maze4. When it gets down to it, people are going to buy what they want wherever or however it was designed. (look at the RIAA and pirated cd's.. 1/3 are illegally made)
I don't think a waterblock is patentable. The idea is already mainstream and other than a strict design patent.. (2 years to get one formalized) all they have to do is change it slightly and bingo!

This all is a big shame, however honestly.. the guy just has to change a wording or two and he is back in business. I remember a post from Liquid Rulez where he posted his waterblock with cad pics. He said he didn't want anyone stealing his ideas and he would be pizzed if somone did. I suggested he should just delete the post if he didn't want ppl copying him. The next business the posts were deleted.

Correct me if im wrong, but that lrww is not copyrighted or patented. Dtek just is throwing Cathar the proverbial "bone" because they understood that it makes good business to do so. This was Cathar supports them and is a statesman in dealing with questions on his design. If they didn't "license" it from him, they could still be whipping those blocks out.

Am I misinformed in my understandings?
Unread 08-08-2003, 01:56 AM   #19
LiquidRulez
Cooling Savant

I have a feeling he will stop selling them by tommorow
Unread 08-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #20
hydrogen18
Cooling Savant

why....
Unread 08-08-2003, 02:44 PM   #21
G33k
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by jaydee116
False advertizing. He is linking from information that was not paid for by him and is not about his product and using it to promote his product. Simple case of false advertizing and mis information to blindly lead customers into buying a product they think is something different. His little design sentance is irrelevant being it isn't even close to a real White Water. Which adds to the false advertizing. You don't see AMD using specs from Intel in an attempt to make people think they are buying an Intel when they really get an AMD. it is against the law and it can be inforced if you have the money.

All I can do is post a blurb on my site and speak my peace on these forums though. If I was rich I would assist in a law suite!
Seems to me, that advertising is not false, just misleading.. still a pretty sh**ty way to do business though!
Unread 08-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #22
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by G33k
Seems to me, that advertising is not false, just misleading.. still a pretty sh**ty way to do business though!
Useing someone elses information is false advertizing. I don't see how this is not false advertizing. The links from overclockers is apart of his advertizing and has nothing to do with his block and are used to promote his block. Which to me equels false advertizing.

Would it be false advertizing if Ford used Chevy's specs to sell their rigs and not the real specs of the Ford being sold?

Now if he used HIS OWN testing to use in comparison with the White Waters then he is set. That's just peachy and thats what Ford and Chevy do. But you do not use someone elses specs on your own product.
Unread 08-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #23
nikhsub1
c00ling p00n

Quote:
Originally posted by jaydee116
Now if he used HIS OWN testing to use in comparison with the White Waters then he is set. That's just peachy and thats what Ford and Chevy do. But you do not use someone elses specs on your own product.
Exactly what the WHOLE gripe is about. To the peeps who's response is of the tone, "so what, he copied it, it is not against the law". I think we all agree on that, however, that is NOT the issue. The one and ONLY issue is this putz linking to TWO articles on the ORIGINAL White Water. This would infer, especially to n00bs, that it is the same block.

aNonForums
Unread 08-08-2003, 04:03 PM   #24
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Let's break down what is being said:

Quote:
Condition: Brand New

This is currently the best water block design for any water cooling setup

This for AMD Motherboards (with 4 holes). This is made with pure copper with Polycarbonate (lexan) top. It comes with 3/8 barbs fittings and can be easily outfitted with 1/2 barbs (email me).

http://www.overclockers.com/articles692/

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/
The red is spacifically talking about the design of the block he is selling not the White Water design. First of all it is nothing like the White Water which he is trying to make people belive. This is questionably misleading maybe, but false advertizing by using data from the white water for his own specs to attempt to back that statement up. Second, this design IS NOT THE BEST FOR ANY WATER COOLING SETUP!!!! The red statment is completely FALSE! Even if he was selling the real White Water is would be FALSE!

The Cascade is better in most situations! You cannot only take information off of a small portion of blocks being sold (i.e.: the data from BillA) and use it as a universal beat everything in existance when you trying to sell something. Also the White Water design is not better at water cooling a pelt than other designs/ making his statment even more false!

His statment is false so that is false advertizing. And it is intentional if he has been watching the forums at all over the last 3+ months as the Cascade has been spammed around every main forum on the net and has been proven to be BETTER!

He is just trying to make a quick buck off ignorance. He is nothing more than an unethical business man.

Also to Hydrogen, Danger Den was working on the Maze 4 long before GTA even made a post about his block! it has been proven here already.
Unread 08-08-2003, 04:15 PM   #25
mastermind2004
Cooling Neophyte

And technically, even though the design was made in the public domain he still owns an implied copyright on it. The work is still his property, and therefore ripping it is illegal even though it is not an actual registered copyright.

Last edited by mastermind2004; 08-11-2003 at 01:02 PM.
mastermind2004 is offline   Reply With Quote