Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 05-19-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
NyCUndaGround
Cooling Neophyte

Making custom Sprinkle/Waterfall Reservoir

Hey i wanna design a new reservoir for my new system, the question i have is how can i glue or attach the acrylic together like in the pic. The pic shows a old dangerden reservoir. Do u think they weld it with something?

NyCUndaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #2
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Cyanoacrylate glue

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...e+glue&spell=1
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 04:11 PM   #3
frenchnew
Cooling Neophyte

Check this link out,

http://www.ecomplastics.com/adandcem.html

You want a solvent type cement to make those clear joint.

Also, please not that you will need to have very clean joints or you risk having void's like in the pictures you have provided.

Best regards

frenchnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCUndaGround
Hey i wanna design a new reservoir for my new system, the question i have is how can i glue or attach the acrylic together like in the pic. The pic shows a old dangerden reservoir. Do u think they weld it with something?

Unread 05-19-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
NyCUndaGround
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks guys i found some of the liquid solving cement in my shack and suceesfully glued a piece of acrylic to another piece of acrylic. It is so goddam strong.

Well i have one more question, do u know how they make the edges so clean cutted. Do they have speical machines or do u have to buff it?
NyCUndaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #5
frenchnew
Cooling Neophyte

Most of the time you would use a table saw to cut it, then use a knife's edge to scrape the edge of the cut clean making sure that you keep it square.

The cleaner the edge, the more perfect the mating surface and the most perfect glued joint you will get.

Best regards

frenchnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCUndaGround
Thanks guys i found some of the liquid solving cement in my shack and suceesfully glued a piece of acrylic to another piece of acrylic. It is so goddam strong.

Well i have one more question, do u know how they make the edges so clean cutted. Do they have speical machines or do u have to buff it?