Go Back   Pro/Forums > Pro But Non Cooling Hobbies > Pro/Car and Motorsports Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Pro/Car and Motorsports Forum For those geeks who dig Cars, Racing, or just aspire to some day drive one.

Unread 12-10-2004, 06:57 AM   #26
Jason_The_Angry
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah, i had been reading about this monster in Automotive Engineering magazine for about two years now. still have the picture of the engine. with that much power, the traction control system must be working overtime to keep people alive. although it's an ugly, overpriced car, i still applaud someone for trying it. that one upmanship is what makes ridiculously fast cars for everyone. cosider muscle cars in the 60's-70's and perhaps a few japanese cars today.
Jason_The_Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:02 AM   #27
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

Its hasnt even got out and you're already burrying it!
Give it a rest.
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:08 AM   #28
Jason_The_Angry
Cooling Neophyte

ok ok sorry, didn't mean to sound so negative. i just think that the styling could have been better. but, would i drive one.... in a heart beat.
Jason_The_Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #29
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Default Re: Buggati Veyron -- The beast

I'm with everyone that gives Koenigsegg props. Truly unreal car.

You also gota give the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo props. A true super car that makes 750 bhp. Proved itself by winning 24 hours of Le Mans last year (It's naturally aspirated predecessor took 1st, 2nd the first time it ran two years ago).

I've been reading about the Veryon for some time now. It IS a W-16 engine. It uses the same engine as Audi's R8 race car, which BTW, is a precursor to Audi's upcoming super car (possibly with the same name).

Think of how much power that sucker wastes. When you take cooling and exhaust waste into account, the thing is probably making closer to 2500 bhp. Sick. Horrendous aero job, though. What were they thinking...?

VW Engineers: "Here's the deal. We are going to take all the great work we've done on the W-8 engine and blow the sucker into a W-16."
VW CEO: "Good"
VW Engineers: "Then we are going to put four high efficiency turbos on it."
VW CEO: "Excellent"
VW Engineers: "Finally, we'll do the worst aero job ever and tell those asses over at Lotus that they can take all their designs and shove em. To top it off, we'll have the car only in a two tone color combination... gangster-rapper style."
VW CEO: "Make it."
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #30
Marci
Cooling Savant

Eliica - http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadge...car-025971.php

Might be good once they get it looking slightly less like a Thunderbirds model... they've gotten past the prototype stage now tho...
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 02:13 AM   #31
satanicoo
Cooling Savant

LOL!

I wasn't expecting that.