Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 06-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
killernoodle
Thermophile

Default Oh my god... hes done! :-O

This is the best case mod/watercooling set up ever in the history of forever.

There aren't any adjectives in our language fully capable of conveying the perfection of this case...

http://bit-tech.net/article/135/
Unread 06-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #2
Etacovda
Cooling Savant

Its been around for quite a bit now (couple of weeks?)

Really nice mod, but I think you'd have to see it in person to fully appreciate it...

why do people get so arrogant about things like that though? its pretty obvious, even though he doesnt post much...
Etacovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Seen that a week or so ago. Excellent craftmanship for sure. I personally think it is a complete waste of time on a PC but then again I seen a 78 Caprice ($700), new taxi cab yellow paint job ($500), jacked up 4 inches ($200), HUGE spinner rims around 20" ($3,000), and fresh low profile tires ($1,000) today at lunch. Worst part is it had the stock 305 blowing blue smoke.

So $4,700 worth of bling bling for a $700 car that needs the engine rebuilt. Kind of how I see this computer. Lots of bling bling but will need upgraded soon and performanceis no better than one without all the bling bling. Also he is going to have to rip it all apart to upgrade it?

Good work non the less!
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
killernoodle
Thermophile

He could sell that thing for some mad cash before he upgrades it though...
Unread 07-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #5
christovan153
Cooling Neophyte

hmm time to take some of the ideas from that and incorporate that into my project
christovan153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #6
einsig
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee116
Seen that a week or so ago. Excellent craftmanship for sure. I personally think it is a complete waste of time on a PC but then again I seen a 78 Caprice ($700), new taxi cab yellow paint job ($500), jacked up 4 inches ($200), HUGE spinner rims around 20" ($3,000), and fresh low profile tires ($1,000) today at lunch. Worst part is it had the stock 305 blowing blue smoke.

So $4,700 worth of bling bling for a $700 car that needs the engine rebuilt. Kind of how I see this computer. Lots of bling bling but will need upgraded soon and performanceis no better than one without all the bling bling. Also he is going to have to rip it all apart to upgrade it?

Good work non the less!
Although I agree with you, I feel projects like this are simply flagship showpieces. They are intended to show off new ideas and technology rather than be pure practical or all performance oriented. Its just like modded cars. I have a friend who's 20v Turbo Audi looks a million times better than mine, but when it comes time to performance number he gets left in the proverbial dust.
einsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #7
chewyboy
Cooling Neophyte

I agree that it is more to have a flagship than anything else, but how is it showing off new ideas and technology? water cooling has been around for a long time even in the mainstream, just think about how long tiger direct has been selling thier garbage (yes i mean garbage not products). clear pc's have been around for a very very long time as well, so that's not really anything new. really this is just to look cool and say he is a pimp. I agree 110% with jaydee116 about the comparison.
chewyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2004, 07:11 AM   #8
rundymc
Cooling Neophyte

the key words are 'showing-off'; it takes different things for different people to appreciate technology

take a pc show with the majority of the audience being uninitiated in the computer industry- between two exhibits, an oced fx53 sys watercooled all in case and a small sidepanel window, and an open concept pc (no casing) with basic aircooling, and lcd monitor and two cold cathodes (say sound activated ones) flashing intermittently, which do you think will draw in more of the crowd
rundymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 12:41 AM   #9
LPorc
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundymc
the key words are 'showing-off'; it takes different things for different people to appreciate technology

take a pc show with the majority of the audience being uninitiated in the computer industry- between two exhibits, an oced fx53 sys watercooled all in case and a small sidepanel window, and an open concept pc (no casing) with basic aircooling, and lcd monitor and two cold cathodes (say sound activated ones) flashing intermittently, which do you think will draw in more of the crowd
Hmmm... It depends. Since I have delved into the topic of water cooling I find myself noticing things I hadn't before... Like the nice big blower that was keeping the inflatable kid pit inflated at a local fair. Oh, I'd noticed them before, but never in the "I want one" kind of way !
LPorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 04:35 PM   #10
j_franchise
Cooling Neophyte

Incredible mod, i never thought the project would be finished.
Unread 09-28-2004, 05:48 PM   #11
MadHacker
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee116

Good work non the less!
you can pick up a chick with a nice bling bling car...
how many can you pick up with a bling bling computer?
Unread 09-28-2004, 10:16 PM   #12
The Dark Hacker
Cooling Neophyte

i think this mod is highly over rated. it is just a overdone sleeving job and some chrome stuff.
The Dark Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #13
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Hacker
i think this mod is highly over rated. it is just a overdone sleeving job and some chrome stuff.
He also built the case. That was the most impressive part IMO.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 12:33 AM   #14
killernoodle
Thermophile

Lemme just say this: it is tough to modify a plexi case because any flaw can be seen.
Unread 09-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #15
quicksilverXP
Cooling Neophyte

Yes... that mod influenced to get some quotes on chroming some parts for my computer... but then I received my quotes and never did it again. Very costly... but if I had the money... I would do the same thing.
quicksilverXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 07:15 AM   #16
RiejuRR
Cooling Neophyte

Looks like the borg to me, from star trek :P
RiejuRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #17
scotty6435
Cooling Neophyte

I have to agree with some of these posts. He certainly has a lot of skill but the fact is that he could have bought a pre-built case that looks very similar. There seems to be a small crack by the PSU anyway

Not really my taste cos it's a bit plain - all chrome and green.

Scotty
scotty6435 is offline   Reply With Quote