Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 10-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
Delirious
Cooling Savant

Default Radiator Suggestions

Im using this case with two BIX's in series, and was wondering 2 of these would perform better. Im using the Storm and a polarflo gpu block, with a eheim 1250 and 1/2 tubing Im in a basement too so ambient temps never exceed 70 F.

Last edited by Delirious; 10-11-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
The Dark Hacker
Cooling Neophyte

why not just get a thermochill 120.3 and put it in the front of the case. and ya the d-tek heatercores will perform better

also ever though of getting a more powerful pump like 2 danger den d4 in series or a iwaki. the storm will really shine with a high power pump
The Dark Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 11:19 PM   #3
Delirious
Cooling Savant

well the iwaki's and 2xd4's are kinda expensive, getting new radiators will only cost $80 for two of them, plus im goin to sell the BIX's.

I no longer use the top most 120mm fan hole on that case for a fan, my matrix orbital mx5 no occupies that space. So the thermochill is out of the question, but would it perform better than the two pro cores?

Is the benefit goin to be that much more noticeable?
Unread 10-12-2004, 12:26 AM   #4
redleader
Thermophile

Upgradeing the radiators seems pretty pointless. I dount your coolant is more then a few degrees above ambient unless you have some seriously weak fans. Even then you'd still be scapeing the bottom of the barrel . . .

Flow would be a better place to look. Bigger pump, or less restrictive loop (rads in parallel for instance). Maybe wait for pH's storm review and see what a big pump can do with a block like that before you make up your mind.
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
Delirious
Cooling Savant

I thought radiators in series were better. Not totally sure what a parallel loop would look like. A new pump would be nice i just cant affor and iwaki, the high head models are $169.00 Ouch