Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff All those random tech ramblings you can't fit anywhere else!

Unread 08-28-2002, 03:22 AM   #1
Acroam
Cooling Neophyte

Default Gigabyte 71xeh bios problems!! NO SCREEN!! Please help!! :(

Hey everyone, got some problems with a Gigabyte 71xeh, all was working great, until I decided to update the motherboards bios , I downloaded the correct, latest bios from the gigabyte site, and then I went in and updated it, with success! so I was happy, until i had to restart after the successfull flash. Then it wouldnt boot at all, it would go to the main screen, and show the processor, and then the ram, and after that, it wouldnt show any of the devices (hd, cdrom, nic) anything. So, i went to the site yet again, and downloaded an earlier, but newer than what was originally on the board. Went again into the bios screen and went to the flash utility, and went to flash the older bios to the board, but when it was deleting the old bios from the board, it would stop about 90 percent of the way, and give me an error message, and wouldnt continue, so i chose the option to power off, thinking that it can be tried again after it restarted, (or so was thought). Now, when it is started, all it does is stays dormant, it doesnt do anything , the monitor stays off, will not turn on. I even cleared the cmos, changed the agp card for a pci one, to no help. The monitor and board refuse to even turn on. I then read a post here , and i tried to use the method on flashing it straight through the floppy, but the floppy also refuses to even light up, can i please get some help from the pros?
(2X 512MB)
120 GB Maxtor HD
Geforce Ti4600 (no o/c)
Acroam is offline   Reply With Quote