Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 03-29-2003, 02:23 AM   #1
Da Chiller
Cooling Neophyte

Default Two TEC's In ONE circuit

ok....this is gonna be long so get ready to read.....

I have am going to build a water cooling system for my p4 and soon to get radeon 9800 pro using pelts. Ive researched and read into the Swiftech blocks. I was thinking on the MCW50-T 80W and the MCW5000PT 226W. For power, i'm going to have the Meanwell PSU that everybody knows of for the 226W and i'm gonna power the 80W off of a 520W Vatec which ill be running my pc off of unless, is it possible to run both pelts off the Meanwell because it supplies 320W?? Next, i'm going to use 1/2 vynal tubing provided by swiftech...i really dont see the point in barbs so i'm going to use the quick connects......i'm going to add a 5 1/2 drive bay resivior with stright barbs from DTEk, Then ill need a pump possibly an Ehiem 1260 that pumps unrestricted 600GPH rather than buying the MP thing supplying 305 from swiftech.......now for the big and last compent is the cooling for my circuit.....i have been told to have two seperate circuits for each pelt block since pelts put out so much heat and to have a pump for each and a radiator for each, well i want to keep everything together and dont have the $$ for that..............i have two ideas, the first is to purchase the dual fan Black Ice Xtreme II radiator and i would run 4 fans on it at high cfm mounted outside the top panel of my case...............my main out of the ordinary idea was to buy this device called the IceProbe........the IceProbe is a device that costs $130 and can be installed into a resivior......it consists of a 50watt pelt that sits bettween an HSF and has a probe that stick out from the cold side......the probe gets mounted through a hole in the resivior allowing it to cool the water as an ice ball forms around it and to around convey a temp of 15C without the use of a radiator.
Thankyou for whoever has read this...please consider my iceprobe idea and give me some suggestions and feedback
Unread 03-29-2003, 02:26 AM   #2
Da Chiller
Cooling Neophyte

I found a pic from a guy at hardocp that did this iceprobe thing and dropped his radiator.......seems like it would create condensation on the tubing but, it is on 50watt and runs off a seperate psu that is provided for the $130 bucks allowing you to controll the voltage input......
Unread 03-29-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
mota
Cooling Neophyte

Forget about the iceprobe, it will not do anything for your temps. I have seen many many people attempt to chill water with small peltiers and it never works. Not saying it can't work... but to get decent results you will need several high powered peltiers and they will neeed to be water cooled as well (dual loop). Chilling with peltiers is very ineffecient. Peltier chillers are used in industry for process chilling but are not practical for PC cooling hobbyists..

SSCooling sells high powered peltier chillers.
mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

Y not make a custom res and attach a swiftech air peltier on there. Make it out of metal, and insulate it. Its more powerful, and could probably run with the other peltiers on a supply.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote