Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 08-28-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Phizzle
Cooling Neophyte

I Know Nothing! ! ! !

I don't remember, but when I read "220watt Peltier", does that mean it sucks 220 watts from my wall? So if thats the case I'll be running a 780w computer... yeaAhHHhh.... I really don't want to get into it if its gonna hit me with a $15-$30 slap in the face on my electric bill. That dosen't sound like much, but that 15-30 clamshells adds up to as much as $360 extra a year(new computer part instead). I run my computer a lot too. Does phase change cooling use a lot of wattage? I average about 1000kwh a month, and they pull 90 dog bones out of my a**. I don't need any further butt rapage.
OCZ DDR-600 3-4-4-10/3.0v
(2)7800 GTX @ 515/1400 Mhz
(2)SATA2 250 Gb HD
340 Gb Various Other Drives
Thermaltake 560w PSU
Custom Water
Phizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
cotdt
Cooling Neophyte

where does the other 560W come from? From your sig I doubt your setup uses even half that power, I would say 250W at most if you can fully load all your components at once which you can't. Well 220W is DC, it actually draws more power than that from the wall, by ~20%. don't worry about your electric bill just get a higher-paying job. TAKE UP THE CAUSE! YEAH!!! Get a stronger peltier, in fact 5 of them and slap them all onto a big copper cube and let that baby freeze! money is no object because you will live forever! if you do what i tell you to do i will grant you a longer life!