Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 01-03-2000, 10:58 AM   #1
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Micro Coolers

This may be a bit premature, but I will be selling the micro coolers IF they work good enough in my tests. I will not sell them if they are not safe, efficent, and of quality. I will sell them as individuals or as a complete cooling rig with CPU cooler, micro cooler (S), pump, tubing, and heatsink compound. (sorry no radiators... cant find any good ones right now, this will also allow you to design your own chilling (heat exchanging) system.)

The price will be determined at that time.

I am not thinking of selling these for a profit but to pay for this site, and to help purchase some better testing equiptment for this site. (I would happily exchange posting a banner for a site/company in exchange for equipt also!!.. hint hint)

Please reply if you are interested at all in these.

BTW the one that I have pics on the site for is just a prototype, and the finnal design is still not worked out yet. Stay tuned for more info as these nifty component coolers evolve.

------------------
C-ya
Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe (edited 01-03-2000).]
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2000, 12:44 AM   #2
sspawn22
Cooling Neophyte

have you looked into getting a transmission radiator for the micro setup?? i got one and it's pretty small.
sspawn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2000, 06:47 PM   #3
Rich W
Cooling Neophyte

I looked into getting a transmission cooler as they seemed the best suited for water cooling.. they are fairly expensive.... I saw one that looked really great (the Turbo Cool by Hayden, ??) but was like $65... I saw some B&M's for like about $35 after a special rebate, but I ended up getting a heater core from a local dismantling shop for $15... it doesn't allow much air flow though (about 20 degrees above room temp with a 70 Watt peltier), so I went out today and bought
another radiator (this time a condensor coil) which measures about 16x20x.75 inches (if I recall correctly) and has 40 runs of copper rubing (each 16 inches long) inside the fins.. not counting the tubing turns, etc.. TONS of surface area. I got it for $1/pound at my local recycling shop. I have to fix a small hole in one of the tubes before I can use it (it was under a huge stack of other radiators/condensor coils/etc, and had a small punture wound)... I'll keep you updated. I think I found a great, fairly cheap supply of these things.. they have many pallets full of them, and they scrap and receive more each day...

Rich W.
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2000, 08:26 AM   #4
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Hmm Interesting!

Mine I think is from a A/C unit, an in-window unit that was never used. It was in min condition. I think it was 13"Lx10"Wx4"D adn it can cool ALOT more then what one Celeron can dish out.

I was doig some Image rendering in Lightwave 3D with Volumetric Lighting (VERY intense), and the radiator without a fan on it got noticeably warm after about 5 min of rendering. but with the big box fan I have it cooled right off back down to within a few degrees of room temp.

I paid 15$ for it thru Meci.com but now it looks as if they dont have anymore. I am looking into some tranny radiators, and come dirtbike/ATV radiators. but most are very expensive.

------------------
C-ya
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2000, 03:39 PM   #5
shadow
Cooling Neophyte

Rich W.

where do you live?

I need to find one of these Recycling Centers. I bought a small 10x5x1 tranny radiator for $30, new. Haven't tried it yet, but from the looks of things I am gonna need a bigger one.

shadow
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2000, 08:26 PM   #6
Rich W
Cooling Neophyte

I live in Rolla, MO. I have had some small luck with auto dismantlers and heater cores, etc.. but they aren't very effective for cooling as they don't allow much air flow.

The recycling center here was great.. lots of condensor coils, etc.. even had some copper plate, thick walled copper pipe in like 2" diamater (lots of it.. exciting . and many, many large, LARGE bails of what looked to be magnetic wire.... WOW

I think my condensor coil was 9 pounds, so it was $9.
Unread 02-16-2000, 08:36 PM   #7
Rich W
Cooling Neophyte

Oh also.
The fans I use are 6" air hockey fans... they are really loud at full voltage, but at half voltage (in series) they are quiet and still move some air.. going to use a variable controller on them. I have 8 of these monster fans (110V AC). I had a good deal on them, but that's over now.. Still can get them occaisonally though The cases are all metal, but the blades are hard platic.. VERY nice bearings though... well built fan.

I got them at a furniture (of all kinds) salvage shop in northern Arkansas.

Rich W.
Unread 02-16-2000, 08:49 PM   #8
shadow
Cooling Neophyte

those fans sound kick-ass!

I live in Bloomington Illinois, about 3hr away from St Louis. I'm pretty much in the middle of Illinois.

[This message has been edited by shadow (edited 02-17-2000).]
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2000, 12:38 PM   #9
Rich W
Cooling Neophyte

Yeah, they are pretty nice.. they (usually) come with a small metal grating to keep fingers, cats, etc out of them.

Too bad you didn't live closer.. I bet these shops would be sold out of cooling supplies hehe

Actually, if you wanted I might be able to get some next time I go home (to Arkansas).

Rich W.