Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 05-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
HAL-9000
Cooling Savant

Default On-line machine shop!?

I just came across a killer on-line machine shop. The joint is called www.emachineshop.com and it is pretty cool. I downloaded this little built in CAD program they give away for free (it can import .dxf files as well!) and am currently drafting my waterblock. Then, you email'em for a quote and then they build the sucker. They offer very pure electrolytic copper as a base material, and 3-axis CNC milling, all kinds of finishing options (including optical mirror quality polishing). For instance, check out the pic of the Bosch part on this link: http://www.emachineshop.com/faq/prices.htm Looks like they can build a waterblock if you want.

I'm guessing I'll shell out around 200 bucks for the block if I actually have it built, but this seems just a little to easy to believe, so I'm asking around about this shop. Has anyone ever had any experience with this place?
HAL-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
killernoodle
Thermophile

I bet any machine shop can machine it for you if you provide the plans for a lot cheaper. I have downloaded their cad program before and it is pretty nifty. Good design, but way too expensive.
Unread 05-16-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernoodle
I bet any machine shop can machine it for you if you provide the plans for a lot cheaper.
Good luck.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 05:32 AM   #4
Crapgame
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-9000
I just came across a killer on-line machine shop. The joint is called www.emachineshop.com and it is pretty cool. I downloaded this little built in CAD program they give away for free (it can import .dxf files as well!) and am currently drafting my waterblock. Then, you email'em for a quote and then they build the sucker. They offer very pure electrolytic copper as a base material, and 3-axis CNC milling, all kinds of finishing options (including optical mirror quality polishing). For instance, check out the pic of the Bosch part on this link: http://www.emachineshop.com/faq/prices.htm Looks like they can build a waterblock if you want.

I'm guessing I'll shell out around 200 bucks for the block if I actually have it built, but this seems just a little to easy to believe, so I'm asking around about this shop. Has anyone ever had any experience with this place?

What did the price per block come down to if you had say, 5 of them made? The price comes down quite a bit in volume according to the site. I looked at that place a couple months ago and thought that it might be great for guys who don't have a mill or a nearby shop that can do it.
Crapgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 05:50 AM   #5
8-Ball
Cooling Savant

I would imagine that as soon as you start adding features such as fine channels/fins, the price will go up significantly, due to the increased time and the increased likelyhood of broken endmills.

8-ball

READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #6
xjoker
Cooling Neophyte

send your drawing to me i have access to a 3-aixs cnc machine. i can probably make it for cheaper. e-mail jenelson@earthlink.net anyone can send me there drawing prefered in .dxf or .dwg for autocad
xjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
superart
Cooling Savant

Likewise.

If you send my a drawing, i can mill it for the price of material.

Although, i dont have any experience milling copper, so the first couple of times the materials bill might be a bit high, but still lower than most shops will charge you.

Looking to buy/trade for used Deep Fryer and Vacume Pack Sealer.
superart is offline   Reply With Quote