Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Xtreme Cooling
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Xtreme Cooling LN2, Dry Ice, Peltiers, etc... All the usual suspects

Unread 01-16-2003, 06:50 PM   #1
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

Default I have gotten ahold of a Fridge need some knowledge :)

*EDIT* New fridge
Ok that other fridge looks like it will stay a fridge for now. Picked up another for free and it has a partly functioning compressor on it. A Matsushita Electronic Ind. Co Model #: S30C50KAU6
If the fridge is plugged in it does not cool down rather the compressor on the back heats up getting quite hot almost to hot to touch. I figure it can still be functional but may be out of refergerent? or an electrical problem? Here are some pics of it:
Pic 1 Big Pic 2 Big

I fridge thrown away so far seems to be functioning fine. I am thinking the compressor from this fridge is a gold find. It is a mini-fridge i believe the compressor is a LG Electronics model #: NSA24LACG . I am wondering the possibilities of this compressor as of now i'm running a simple watercooled system and would like to take it to the next level with a compressor. I will try to get some pics later tonight.

Last edited by Shreder-X; 01-16-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
aenigma
Immature Title Goes Here

It will work, but it is a very small compressor.I couldn't find much info.It is a lLBP(Low Back PRessure) R134a compressor.It will work for a direct die compressor, but don't expect much from it.Using it as a waterchiller would work, but not as efficiently.But it can still be done.

[H]opelessly
 Altered
 Results
 Destroy
 Overall
 Credibility
 Period
aenigma is offline   Reply With Quote