Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
tdloc
Cooling Neophyte

Default Where to get Hydor L30? The entire USA seems to be sold out...

Anybody know where I can order a Hydor L30 in the USA? I've tried every place I can think of, some of which include off the top of my head:

FrozenCPU
Xoxide
CoolTechnica
VoyeurMods
Danger Den
Directron
PCMods
DTekCustoms
ZXMods
HighSpeedPC
SharkaCorp
ExtremeAlterations

etc.

Everyone is sold out. I know watercooling is becoming mainstream, but have we really bought up all the L30's in the country?
tdloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:34 AM   #2
sn_85
Cooling Savant

i hear the Eheim's are in stock

if u cant wait, i think the Danner Mag Drives are good for their price.
sn_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2003, 07:33 AM   #3
tdloc
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks, but I'm going to hold out for the Hydor L30.

I've done quite a bit of research on what I want, and the L30's performance is on par with the Eheim 1250, yet it's much smaller, can handle 1/2" tubing, and is purportedly almost the same quality. I don't want to have to cram an Eheim in there to make it fit.

My planned setup includes:

Hydor L30 pump
Danger Den Maze 4 CPU block
Danger Den GeForce 4 GPU block (or their soon-to-be-released block)
Black ICE Extreme radiator
Papst 120mm fan
DTek BayRes reservior
Tygon tubing
FrozenCPU UV-blue water dye
No fan grill
Unread 06-24-2003, 02:03 AM   #4
Zeta09
Cooling Neophyte

Default cool technica

Hey tdloc,

Cool technica is supposed have Hydor L30s in today but might want to put an order in if you are anxious. I am going to ice off my network with a hydor but I am somewhat at odds whether I should go with a DangerDen WB or just stick with the original Innovatek Block I have now. Anyway good luck
Unread 06-24-2003, 01:32 PM   #5
tdloc
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks.

Actually, CoolTechnica won't be getting them for at least a couple days or more. My research has led me to the knowledge that Danger Den is the only distributor in the USA for Hydor pumps. All the other places in the USA that sell Hydor pumps apparently get them from Danger Den as their distributor.

I checked with Danger Den this morning... Still no Hydor pumps. They were expected last week, then middle of this week, now... Well, the lady at Danger Den said "soon, hopefully, with any luck."

Patience is a virtue, so I'm patiently, but eagerly, waiting. All my other water cooling gear was shipped yesterday with delivery scheduled for tomorrow, except for the pump... As soon as I get that puppy, I'll be ready to start mounting hardware. Until then, though, I don't want to determine final placement or start drilling any holes.

tdloc