Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Default Strange Foam in Trap....

Has anyone ever had this happen: I'm making a new Airtrap and popped in my old one till it's finished. I don't have my case side panels on with my extra fans, so things are pretty hot since I don't have the extra case flow. I idle around 40-45C (it's a 90°summer around here). Anyhow, after everything has warmed up, I noticed that there's a foam that starts to fill up in the top of my trap! The strange part about it is, if I take my finger and dip it in the trap into the water, the foam will start to disappear. It reminds me of the "beer trick," where if you have a lot of foam in your cup, just wipe your nose or any oily spot on your face (yuk huh?) and the oil will dissolve the protein that makes up the foam... Now what in the world would be causing this mysterious foam/head in my Airtrap? :shrug:
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 10:58 PM   #2
Boli
Cooling Savant

I got "foamed pipes" when I put too much water wetter in, maybe you are getting a similar effect?
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 01:23 AM   #3
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

do you have any addatives in your system? as previously mentioned, that could cause foam. also, if the water in your res is turbulant it'll foam up and / or suck air into the lines.

try this: get some open-cell foam (the kind used as a pre-filter for water / pond pumps) and put some in your res. that should help.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote