Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #1
dogbait
Cooling Neophyte

Default Input requested: Radbox

Planning on building a radbox large enough to cool my current setup and any future setups I decide to hook up to it.

Currently have dual Xeons, with a GF4 card, and Swiftech MCW5000PXs and an MCW50 block.

Intend to watercool the PSU in time as well as the hard disks, mosfets, northbridge, and so on so I want to ideally build a radbox large enough to take two radiators, as well as more fans as and when I need them.

My idea is as follows:

Employ a pull configuration for the fans on one side of the radiator which sits inside the box. These will be pushing hot air into the box. Then on the other side of the box, another array of fans will exhaust the hot air, as well as creating negative pressure inside the box so that the fans pulling air through the rad will get 'help' and so effectively I'll have not simply three fans pulling through the rad, but six, seven, however many I have blowing air out. The added advantage of this, is that if I had two radiators, both would benefit from additional fans, rather than each one individually if say the fans were in a simple push>pull configuration.

The box will have to be relatively air tight for this to be effective, and the pump will sit in the path of the airflow, on the floor of the box. (it runs hot)

I'm undecided as to how to route the pipes since the pump pushes straight up. Would a sweeping bend out the back of the box, using PVC pipe kill flow significantly? Any other thoughts welcome.
dogbait is offline   Reply With Quote