Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > FS/FT Forum
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

FS/FT Forum Are you looking to make some money? Get rid of some gear? This is the place to sell and buy it all!

Unread 12-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
alexo
Cooling Neophyte

Default FS: Full watercooled system (Storm, Thermochill, Lian Li PC-V2100)

Description
This is my baby, but I’m going traveling for 2 years and can’t quite bring it along with me. It is completely custom-built and everything in it is top-of-the-line. Almost EVERY component of this machine is legendary in the PC community. (See spec list and photos below)

For more current photos, see:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~amccull1/pc/...ics/index.html

For photos of building the watercooling system, see:
http://www.uoregon.edu/~amccull1/pc/...epc/index.html

This machine is an unrivaled investment for the future for PC performance enthusiasts and gamers that want to squeeze out all of their computer's potential, because although hardware advances at a rapid pace, the principles of cooling do not. The PC is encased in the silenced LianLi PC-V2100 case, probably the best-built, best-reviewed PC case around. The superior case and cooling system in this machine can be easily adapted to any new hardware.

The entire system, including the watercooling equipment, is fixed inside the case; everything is enclosed. The hard drives are reversed so that most of the messy cabling is hidden from view from the main side panel. Plus, I built in a drain for the water loop that is controlled by a chrome valve at the bottom of the case. The result is a sleek, clean, super-impressive setup.

I did a complete overhaul and detail of the cooling system last week. All the tubing is brand new; the blocks, reservoir, radiator and pump are squeaky clean; and all the contacts are remounted with fresh Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.

I’m including a CD of all the most recent drivers, software and firmware for the components, as well as all the receipts and paperwork, and the motherboard manual. I’m also including the boxes, instructions, spare parts, etc for the watercooling setup. I don’t have any boxes or any other manuals for the hardware.

I’m asking $875 OBO for everything. The case alone still goes for around $300, and the watercooling system (not including case) is worth between $475 and $500, in total.

Can arrange for pickup in Portland, Oregon area or ship via UPS, Fedex or USPS. If needed to be shipped, the PC will ship in the case's original box. The PC + box + accessories total to about 65 lbs. Shipping will be calculated accordingly.
Specifications
Specs, starting with the hardware:

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
- NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra-based
- On-board 1gb LAN
- Most recent 1.0D BIOS
AMD Athlon 3500+ Newcastle, Socket 939
1gb Crucial Ballistix PC3200 RAM (expandable to 4GB, faster memory)
Nvidia GeForce 6800GT AGP (eVGA brand)
2x74gb Western Digital Raptor 10,000RPM SATA (used as RAID array)
1x160gb Maxtor 7200RPM PATA
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card
Netgear WG311T wireless network card
Fortron FSP530-60GNA 530-watt PSU
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1502
Floppy drive

Now the case and cooling system (I urge you to check out reviews of the cooling parts online – especially the blocks, radiator, pump, and fans – if you don’t recognize them):

LianLi PC-V2100 black, silenced, fully-aluminum, spacious case
Swiftech Storm CPU waterblock (still considered the Ferrari of CPU blocks, much more
heavy-duty than Swiftech’s new Apogee line)
Swiftech MCW55 GPU waterblock
Thermochill PA160 radiator w/ 2 high-output 120mm Panaflo fans in push-pull
Swiftech MCP655 pump
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Hi-Flo reservoir
Dangerden copper RAMsinks on video card memory
Masterkleer 3/8” tubing
Fillport through top of case
1 super-high-output Panaflow 120mm fan on case rear

Misc/Extras:

Original air-cooling hardware for CPU and GPU
Receipts, motherboard manual, all WC part instructions,
Driver compilation CD
Extra tubing for draining
Case “cleaning” accessories (wire holders, zip-ties, etc)
Small funnel for filling
Some miscellaneous screws, rivets, etc for the case and watercooling
Some power splitters/extenders

Last edited by alexo; 12-21-2007 at 08:05 AM.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote