Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 02-06-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
jay-t
Cooling Neophyte

koolance water block?

i plan on watercooling my system within the next month, and i've been checking out every waterblock i can find lately. i was just wondering how the koolance waterblock compares to the others on the market... any info?
-2x AMD 1600MP CPU's
-2x Global Win WBK38 hsf's
-Crucial 256MB DDR Ram
-Windows XP Professional
-Seagate Barracuda IV 20 GB
-All In Wonder Radeon 8500DV
-Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
-Pioneer 106S Slot-Loading DVD-Rom
-HP CD-Writer 9510i 12x
-Altec-Lansing ATP3 3 Piece Speakers
-Crappy Acer Monitor
jay-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2002, 07:18 PM   #2
Brad
Thermophile

not too well, it restricts flow quite a bit, although it does have a nice amount of surface area.

you're better to buy a maze1c or maze2

2x 2400+ at 2288mhz (16.0 x 143), Iwill MPX2, 2x Kingmax PC-3200 256mb sticks, 4x 20gb 60gxp in Raid 5 on a Promise SX6000. Asus Ti4200 320/630. Cooled by Water
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #3
jay-t
Cooling Neophyte

exactly what i was planning on doing... i just thought the koolance block looked kinda cool. thanks for the info.
-2x AMD 1600MP CPU's
-2x Global Win WBK38 hsf's
-Crucial 256MB DDR Ram
-Windows XP Professional
-Seagate Barracuda IV 20 GB
-All In Wonder Radeon 8500DV
-Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
-Pioneer 106S Slot-Loading DVD-Rom
-HP CD-Writer 9510i 12x
-Altec-Lansing ATP3 3 Piece Speakers
-Crappy Acer Monitor
jay-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
420turtle
Cooling Neophyte

The Koolance CPU-200G water block does restrict the flow. I needed a water block to get my computer running and it was the only one available without ordering. One good thing seems to be the gold plating of the copper core. I have had a problem with other metals (copper and aluminum), but not with the block. I just wish it came apart, it is sealed to the top. And running with an evaporative bong cooler, with a Rio 1700 pump rated at 642 gph the water temp is a few degress cooler than ambient air temps. I have even gotten the water 10 degrees below ambient on good days. And I have cold air from under the house coming in the side of the computer, exiting the rear and feeding the bong cooler. The top of the bong has an elbow that sits in a sunny window, just below is the showerhead with the cpu return line and a second line from the pump. I set a sponge on top of the shower head. The window warms the pipe that the sponge is sitting in. Since adding the elbow and the sponge it has kept the water cooler and evaporates more water. My reservoir is a plastic kitty litter container, holds about 5 gallons. The lid flips up, but the back of the lid stays on. So that is where the tubing connections go through. Works good, no more random reboots. I guess it all depends on the size of tubing you want and if it is important that you can take the block apart.
420turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
kronchev
Cooling Savant

the Dtek Spir@l is only $25 now, which right now has the absolute best priceerformance ratio. DONT get the poly top however (its 25 at some places, but full price at their site) as it cracks very wasily.
Unread 03-11-2004, 12:42 AM   #6
fhorst
Cooling Savant

The koolance block works great in a koolance like setup. Low flow, "good" cooling.

If you have a low flow systen, it might be one of the best.