Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 04-11-2003, 09:42 PM   #26
Penti
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by JFettig
as for acurate, I mean by +/-1c wich is really good. I use an 8k3a with the on die probe, air probe, and water probe, I graphed and made a linear regression modle to see that my ondie probe is only .1c off.

I think tomorow, Ill start on my cathar clone waterblock

Jon
Hey, You use an palomino cpu right? 8K3A+ messures way off on the Thoroughbred :/..

Hm, i have nothing to do maybe i should try to calibrate the diode..
Edit: Did some calibration and results i got says it is reading 15C to high on my Tbred A...

Last edited by Penti; 04-12-2003 at 03:11 AM.
Penti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:36 AM   #27
JFettig
Cooling Savant

yup its a pally heres how I did mine

1400mhz 1.75v 63watts

35, 24.0----------------------11

1750mhz 1.8v 83watts

38-39c, 24.2 -----------------14.3

1818mhz 1.85v 91watts

40 24.2----------------------15.7

1848mhz 2v 109watts

44, 25.0----------------------19

the numbers on the side were the delta between water and cpu, then I took the wattages, at different speeds. I plotted them in xstat and ystat on my ti86, then I made a linear regression model and checked out the graph and the table. at 0, it should line up with 0, make sure you have it correctly, at first i thought my temps were off by 3c, but it turns out I had the numbers flipped around.

put the delta in the xstat and the watts in the ystat, then go linR xstat, ystat and hit enter

If you want, I can do the calculations for you, just sent me the numbers at at least 3 different wattages....

Jon
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 09:16 AM   #28
Penti
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by JFettig

If you want, I can do the calculations for you, just sent me the numbers at at least 3 different wattages....

Jon
Have u check out http://www.arcticsilver.com/diode_calibration.htm ? Metode for intel cpus but it may work.

Yeah i would like u to do the calculations for me. I don't have any graph calculator. But i won't have time to test and give u the numbers right know but like thursday maybe. I will send u a pm when i have the numbers thanks dude!
Unread 04-17-2003, 04:14 PM   #29
Penti
Cooling Neophyte

JFettig

U got pm thanks in advance

regards Petter.