Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 11-25-2001, 08:18 PM   #1
AllTalkSebrasky
Cooling Neophyte

Default cheap heat sinks

i just found this over the weekend... if you take apart a tv inside you'll find 1-3 aluminum head sinks that you could trim down to any size you need. i dont know the brand of the one i got but i got one thats about 3 inches square and aonther thats like an inch and a half by 3/4 inches. and these are not made for computers so you will definately have to trim these with like a hack saw or something. just thought id let you guys know.

Kyle
AllTalkSebrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
OcPunK
Cooling Savant

Yup just about any electronic device that uses 115Vs will have heatsinks inside it to cool down voltage regulators or other chips. So if u need some heatsinks for say your video card or chipset go get dead stuff rip it about find the heatsinks and dreamle them down to size.