Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 07-05-2002, 12:57 PM   #1
artemis0007
Cooling Savant

Default Denatured alcohol

Hi all!
I wanted to know how to use this stuff. I read the label and it didn't really help. All it said was to work outdoors, vapors hazardous to health if inhaled, swallowed, etc.. So do I put a small amount on a terry cloth and wipe the panel (see previous thread) or do I pour it on and use the cloth to swish it around?

Some help please (I don't want to kill myself with this stuff )!
Thanks!

BTW: how long do I have to wait before I can start to paint the panel again?
artemis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2002, 01:07 PM   #2
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

If you swallow it, you'll be lucky to live. It absorbs thru the skin, too, so don't use it without gloves or you'll get a little sick. So, slap on rubber gloves and apply it TO THE CLOTH and then wipe it on. Once you've cleaned up the mess, wash the panel with water to remove the last of the gunk and once it is dry (even from strokin' it with paper towels) it is ready to repaint. Just make sure you use it OUTSIDE (the fumes can knock you on your azz) and away from flame (including sparks [cars, electronics] and cigarettes) or you'll spontaneously combust. Good luck. That's some nasty solvent.

edit: DO NOT pour it on or you'll have a near permanent reek on anything it touches along with insane discoloration of damn near everything.
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2002, 02:43 PM   #3
MeltMan
Cooling Savant

exactly
Unread 07-05-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
artemis0007
Cooling Savant

I might as well ask before I start: will this stuff get rid of any soap residue on my panel?
Is there ANYTHING else that will get rid of soap residue without use of dangerous chemicals?
artemis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
iceheart
Cooling Savant

He's a little excited about that... I use it close to every day with poor ventiliation and no gloves... Haven't taken any damage yet. If you drink it 1cl will make you blind and 2cl will kill you, so don't do that
Unread 07-06-2002, 09:30 AM   #6
iceheart
Cooling Savant

Besides it actually smells rather good