Go Back   Pro/Forums > Site News and Blogs > ProCooling workBlogs > Brian's WorkLog
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #51
iamcj
Cooling Neophyte

I just saw this on HardOCP.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife Brian. I wish for all the best.
iamcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 03:18 PM   #52
Kid
Cooling Neophyte

I also am from HardOCP.

I just wanted you to know that me and my bible study are praying for you and your wife. If we can help in any way let us know, Im sure that we would do almost anything to help you...
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 03:25 PM   #53
Capt. Nemo
Cooling Neophyte

Hi there here from Overclockers.com, just heard about your wife .. my heart and my prayers are with you, good luck.. and congrats on your new one!
Capt. Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 03:44 PM   #54
MgrMOOSe
Cooling Neophyte

Hey, just saw this on HardOCP. Brian, my best wishes go out to you and yours. I'm not much of a baby person but you've got a gem there. I also hope that your wife pulls out of this situation fully healthy. I don't know you personnally but if there's anything I can do on my behalf consider it done.
MgrMOOSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #55
BillA
CoolingWorks Tech Guy
Formerly "Unregistered"

sorry to hear Brian (had not been following this thread)
hope things work out

Bill
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #56
thepunkerguy
Cooling Neophyte

Default Prayers

Yeah man, I am a youth leader at my church, I said a prayer for you and will get some other people to pray for you and your wife at youth tonight. God Bless man and I pray your wife pulls through this perfectly fine and healthy.
- Mike
thepunkerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #57
thebeast
Cooling Neophyte

I read about your circumstances on overclockers.com,but im a regular at HotHardware and registered here to wish you,your wife and kids,all the best.

Matt.
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #58
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Wow. I didn't think anyone outside the ProCooling crowd would pick up on this. Thanks to all of you who are praying. MANY thanks.

Well, I am still in a state of mild shock from this whole stroke thing because who expects this at thirty? I have no idea how things are going to go from here, but I maybe I can help some of you out there: BE PREPARED. If you have a spouse, make sure to have an up to date will. Make sure that you have power of attorney in case your spouse is put down for the count. For instance, right now, I have no idea whether her signature is valid on some tax documents because I don't know if she's really competent to understand what she signed. But on the other hand, IRS gets really upset when you don't send things in.

Also, discuss what lengths you are willing to go to on revival. Are heroic measures OK? Don't get surprised by that question at (I think it was) 3:00am after not sleeping for four days.

It's surreal, let me tell you, and I'm still trying to adjust to the new reality. People offer to help by sending meals, and that helps... but who takes care of the kids for you? Who goes to work when you want to be with your wife at the hospital? I have mail to go through, bills to pay, housework to do, diapers to change, people to call, and I just want to crawl into a hole and then wake up with my wife being the same that she was. Ain't gonna happen. Thankfully, my church and my wife's friends are helping as they can, and it does help.

So, I just have to keep believing that all things will come to the greater good and some times are easier that others.

Anyway, I hope that helps someone out there that will go through something like this in the future. It happens, and you have to gut it out and keep moving. Don't ever do what I did and not sleep, though. If you have to ask for sleeping pills... DO IT. It doesn't help anyone if you aren't taking care of yourself.

Well, I guess that sounds really depressing, but there are good moments too. My wife is going into a rehab program that is supposed to help, and she can talk in sentences now even if she's easily confused. So, every day is better. Who knows how much better she'll get?
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 04:51 PM   #59
bmcv
Cooling Neophyte

Default Prayers

From me my family and friends i hope that your wife recovers and i will say a special prayer for her.

Brian
bmcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:07 PM   #60
bgclOLDWARRIOR
Cooling Neophyte

I linked from OC,my prayers are with you and your family,have an optimistic outlook and take care of the children they need you more than ever.
bgclOLDWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #61
whymeintrouble
Cooling Neophyte

from [H]ardOCP, I just wanted to tell you Brian, keep your faith. Faith in yourself, in your wife, in your family. It may not be like it once was, but it certainly can be just as good, if not better. My heart goes out to you, and your family. Don't be afraid to talk to someone, even if you think it is just babbling. Talking will help get you through the tough times... sometimes yelling and screaming too. And for those days when you are really feeling down or just bad, do me this favor. gather up all the kids, let them circle around you and give one giant group hug. Kids understand the need for love more than anyone else does. All who have posted here give you 100% support, and if there is something we can do, just name it. I wish you and your family the best of times to come, be patient, pray and be in the best spirits you can be.

many prayers to your family,

Scott
whymeintrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 05:54 PM   #62
goatman
Cooling Neophyte

This must be a very sad/confusing event to you.
I hope your wife will be ok. My prayers are with her.
goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #63
JungleMan
Cooling Neophyte

Brian...congrats on the new baby, and most of all, our best wishes are with your wife...we're all pushing for her recovery 100%!!

Good luck bro...
JungleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #64
lidistick
Cooling Neophyte

Hey there.. just saw the linky from Overclockers.com

congrats on the new addition to the family. give the little on a hug from NZ.

As for Heather, my thoughts and prayers are with her. She is young and will recover. Have faith. I'm a doc and I know docs are always pessimistic (its called not giving false hope) and are sometimes pretty horrible when they give prognosis. Things change.

Take care of yourself first ok. If you need anything, give a shout.

Cheers bro.
lidistick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 06:34 PM   #65
Zogthetroll
Cooling Savant

wow, talk about an overwhelming response! brian, I just wanted to chime in and say that i'm praying for you and your family. thanks for the good advice about living wills and whatnot, just take things one day at a time. God bless.

Clear Cube
XP2000, 256Mb Ram, 32x CDR, 40Gb HD
Zogthetroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 06:52 PM   #66
raeksuk
Cooling Neophyte

Default Prayers are with you

Linked in via xtremesystems and over-clock.co.uk, your plight has touched my heart and i would like to offer my prayers for you and your family. Hope improvements come quick and fast.

Prayer from all of us in the uk, keep the faith!

Last edited by raeksuk; 02-25-2004 at 06:59 PM.
raeksuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:31 PM   #67
Falkentyne
Cooling Neophyte

I'm really shocked at what happened, and I have said a prayer and I hope everything turns out well.

I hope that God has mercy on this woman and give her the ability to make it through this. He has the power. I just pray that he will care, for this one person, in a multitude of billions. Yes I realize there are many others going through even worse, far worse, in fact, but God's power is infinite. And it is written that those who call out the name of the Lord in reverence and need and worship, he will thus listen. So I pray that he will work a miracle and allow everything to be fine.
Falkentyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:32 PM   #68
SniperXX
Cooling Neophyte

I linked from OC (also a forum member there).

1st of all congrats on the baby. Im the 1st of 4 in my family, lol.

Im really sorry to hear about your wife. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. Keep strong and take care of yourself.
SniperXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 07:38 PM   #69
Bass
Cooling Neophyte

I'm from Overclockers Australia... Me and many others here are wishing you and your wife the best. Hope all turns out well mate.
Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #70
DickNervous
Cooling Neophyte

I, along with one or two other names i recognized, am from GruntvillE, and wanted you to know that several of us have started a thread over there with more well wishes and prayers.

And congratulations on the new child, she is adorable. Hang in there and take care of yourself and the kids so that when Heather does recover, she has a clean house to come home to and no diaper rash!

And remember, there are lots of people out there praying for you guys.
DickNervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #71
dsumanik
Cooling Neophyte

Default Hello there

Hi there Brian, my name is DJ Sumanik, im from the yukon in canada (its next to alaska) and as hard as it is for you to believe I know what you are going through right now as I have lived it first hand.

My sister and I were in a bad car wreck and she suffered the same injury as your wife. She slipped into a coma shortly after for 8 days and when she came out she had lost all memory prior to the accident, speech capability, movement, and I know exactly what you mean by "no one being there". Those memories still frighten me to this day. It was a birth defect in her brain and the accident set it off, the blood vessel burst and the doctors said it would have likely occured to her even if we hadnt been in the accident, such as during childbirth, or any other sort of heavy traumatic shock or physical strain... So you are VERY right to be thankful it happened while she was in the hospital, as it could have happened while she was having a stressful day driving down the freeway with your kids in the car...

And dont necessarily believe this was from improper medication form the getgo, although all that stuff is pretty much irrellevant right now anyways. Stop asking why, and start looking at every availiable option in front of you to rectify the situation.

That all being said I want you to know my sister has made an EXCELLENT recovery considering the serious nature of this injury. We were on a highway in the middle of nowhere when it occured, and she went through the windshield to boot. I think if we had been closer to the hospital a full recovery likely would have been possible. Her right arm is still paralyzed, and she has some problems with memory, but other than that she is a very normal beautiful girl who is currently attending university and living with a great guy (one i finally approve of anyways) to become a special needs teacher to help people with disabilities like her own.

Being at her side is the best thing you can do for her because if she is going to be suffering any memory loss, having a familiar face like yours around when she first comes through can help jog those severed connections. To this day the only thing my sister can remember before the accident was me and her eating chocolates on easter, and i was the first face she saw when she came out of the coma.

Just have faith and dont let your hope slip away, my sister is living proof that an injury like this is NOT insurmountable.

i am not much of a person to truly follow any faith or religion completely and honestly, but if there is a god, or i higher power I can ask to grant you and your whole family to come out of this OK, i will.

If you set up a paypal account ill gladly donate what i can to help you with bills and food for your children, take care.

Last edited by dsumanik; 02-25-2004 at 08:40 PM.
dsumanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #72
Bender
Cooling Neophyte

Brian my prayers will be for you and your family. Please let us know how we can help you out.

~Bender
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 08:53 PM   #73
nater
Cooling Neophyte

from 2cpu.com here... We are all wishing you the best and are praying for your wife...

Set up a paypal account, I am sure we can all throw what we can in.
nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 09:12 PM   #74
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

sorry had not been following this thread...

Congrats on the new baby and sorry to hear about your wife.

My son is 5 months old... and my mother, who is 70yrs old, had 2 strokes within the last few years ... She is not able to talk in full sentences and walk... but she's able to say a few words...
so I can say, have a pretty good idea about what you're going through right now... Your wife's young, and she's got all the good reasons to recover... 3 kids, a beautiful new born and a good husband... so I'm sure she's going to be just fine...

Brian, please feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do...

and I think a paypal account is a great idea too...

Bruce
Unread 02-25-2004, 09:14 PM   #75
rjenk
Cooling Neophyte

Default Best Wishes

Jumped in from HardOCP.

My heart goes out to you. I don't know what I would have done if I was in your situation when my wife gave birth to my son. So much joy yet sorrow.

Please keep the faith. You have many people that you have never met before that are praying for you and your family. Be strong, not only for your wife but for your little ones. Let the strength of others hold you up.

Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

Good luck.
rjenk is offline   Reply With Quote