Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 12-29-2002, 03:27 PM   #1
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

Default My Setup Acryllic Box 90%== Additive to Water? help?

Hey i am 90% done my cooling box you can look at my pic from today of it running fine on my system which is a 1600+ xp unlocked on a MSI K7N420-D board with 512mb Kingston ValuRam PC2100. The temps are pretty much 38c to 40c idle and load? sorta weird. I'm just using Distilled water right now and wonder what i can pick up locally to add to my water to help it stay cool? Also if you look at my pic can you suggest anything to do with my fans their two Vantec stealth 120mm silent but i think they might not be powerfull enough. Should i put one on each side one pushing one pulling or as right now i have two pulling?. Thanks,
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2002, 05:06 PM   #2
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

looks good.....

a little trick on the Fan placement.......

take the fan, and mount in onto the inside of the lid, where you have the round hole....

have the radiator seal air tight onto the back wall, with the air intake opening spanning as much of the radiators surface as possible.

this will render you hole box as a shroud over your radiator, and in doing so you are going ro be move more air, through more radiator....

kind of like this setup of mine.....

Unread 12-30-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

can anyone answer my question about an additive to the distilled water i'm using?
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2002, 08:35 AM   #4
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

There is no additive that will increase the cooling ability.

You might consider "Purple Ice" or "Water Wetter", which will limit the galvanic corrosion, and may help in keeping the algae out, but it will (ever so slightly) reduce the cooling effectiveness of the water.

Read the article.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote