Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 07-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

Default BIX 2 in Lian Li PC-62

I have concerns before putting my order in tonight. On how well this radiator will fit in this case. It is the extended version of the PC-60 Pics of Case
The dimensions are also on that webpage. The BIX 2 dimensions can be had Here
I don't want to seem totally devoid of any knowledge but placement of the dual 120 rad. will be very difficult and placement at the top of the case i would like to be avoided at all costs so where else? hmm.. also iam using dual vantec stealth 120's right now and i don't think there cfm is good enough for my new system whats the legit best 120's to go with to push optimal cfm vs. dB? Thanks i know you guys are diehard and can help out
OCZ 3700 Gold 2x256mb
Danger Den RBX
Black Ice Extreme 2
Via-Aqua 1300 - One year and still sorta kicking
This setup was ran continually for 6 Months and not one problem!
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 12:33 AM   #2
pakman
Cooling Neophyte

I just installed a BIX2 into a lian li PC-7 which has the same dimensions as the PC-60's. One place it will fit INSIDE the case is on the top panel. also note you will lose the 2 top CD drive slots. But becareful, depending on where your CPU waterblock sits on your mobo, the tubing running from the BIX2 may be obstructed. I currently have maze3 on a epox 8rda+ and there is just enough room for the tubing from the BIX2 to pass around the mounting hardware on the waterblock.

I am afraid that is really the only place you can fit BIX2 on that case. But it does make for a very sharp, clean look without ruining the lian li's looks...

I can post a pic of the install if your interested.

edit: you may also have to mod your PSU so the wires come out from the bottom instead of the back so that it clears the bix2. but then the pc-62 is 10cm longer so maybe this won't be an issue.

Last edited by pakman; 07-06-2003 at 12:43 AM.
pakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 12:55 AM   #3
Boli
Cooling Savant

You should have got a PC-70 series case... the case is 2x5 1/4" bays taller anyway. (+ proportionly deeper)
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

no the 62 is just as deep as the 70; just has 4 5.25s and not 6
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 09:51 AM   #5
Boli
Cooling Savant

But the PSU may be an issue with the PC-62, though it may be possible to squeeze a 3.120 rad(or eqivilent) in at the top. Should be fine though.
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
pakman
Cooling Neophyte

This is how close the BIX gets to the PSU in my setting in a Lian-Li PC-7 mid tower. this is a pic of my BIX, but the BIX2 sits in the same area (obviously extends further to the front of the case). I had to re-route the PSU cable out the bottom as there is no clearance between the back of the PSU and the BIX2. Now since you have an extra 10cm on the PC-62, this probably won't be needed. All you need to do is dremel or holesaw 2 12cm holes up top and drill holes for the fans!

Last edited by pakman; 07-06-2003 at 05:07 PM.
pakman is offline   Reply With Quote