Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 08-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #51
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbabawu

jaydee, if u still interested in testing the block, i can give u the one i keep for pHaestus, may be he is too busy to do the test, but the thing is how many people will accept your test
More people will accept mine than yours. I have decent equipment and getting better parts with time. I am moving this month so Next month would be the time to send it as the test bench is tore down and packed. Once I finish with it I will send it to pH aswell. If you don't get a reply from pH by the first of September let me know and we can figure out the shipping. I got 2 other commercial blocks on hand and a distributor sending me 2 more now and another in a couple weeks. So I will have plenty of commercial blocks to compare to. Plus I will be ordering 3 more blocks at the end of this month.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #52
generik
Cooling Neophyte

It may be better, but I still love my Swiftie Storm
generik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 04:15 PM   #53
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
there are some reviews for the aerocool gatewatch, if u ar saying the accuracy, both of those blocks were monitored by it; the whole test were repeated 3 times and the Swiftech g4's test were repeated 4 times; 5n 99% pure oxygen free copper's price u can easily find out and u can check how many blocks ar using this copper. when u ar talking about the price, i want to say if u let me to make a g4, i can keep it within $50 AU dollars, and how many of u will use a sandpaper spend half hour to polish the base to mirror finish? and how much will u charge that?

i posted this test on both OCAU and this site is because i am very confident of this block, i do not want all of u believe my personal test as i said before, i just want to attract some big people's attention and help me to do a test, such as pHaestus. i have applied a test for 2 or 3 months, but i am still waiting, and everyone tell me they have no problem to contact with pHaestus, so wat is the problem!?

and when mention the big person, i am so disappointed with "Cathar", i asked for help before but he just repeats that my test is dubious, i am a manufacturer. is that because i am comparing with ur block? if u want to prove my test is improbable and ur block is still the best why u dont help me to apply a test? ar u afraid? we adored u before, because u were the goal that we were striving toward, but not any more.
Ok,
STOP.
Please.
The English language is crying out in horror.
"u" is not a word.
"ar" is not a word.
"ur" is not a word.

I can't be the only one who would rather read a post full of incorrectly spelled words than this.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #54
JamesAvery22
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althornin
Ok,
STOP.
Please.
The English language is crying out in horror.
"u" is not a word.
"ar" is not a word.
"ur" is not a word.

I can't be the only one who would rather read a post full of incorrectly spelled words than this.

hehe yeah stuff like that gets to me pretty badly.

If his posts bothered you this steam forum post will give you an aneurysm.
Unread 08-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #55
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by generik
It may be better, but I still love my Swiftie Storm
The tests are not run to equilibrium.

The thermal probe is taped to the outside of the IHS where it is being cooled by airflow more than it is being heated by the CPU. Any block with a small base will give better results than a larger block because it allows more air-flow over the thermal sensor. If there was any result that was presented that should be remotely considered as plausible, it was the on-die temps, but we know that they too are also subject to various vagaries due to IHS use (referring to mine and others experiences with temperature instability/insensitivity from the on-die probe until IHS is removed).

Currently a very decent active block tester is Lee Garbutt from SystemCooling.com
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #56
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar

Currently a very decent active block tester is Lee Garbutt from SystemCooling.com
Yes indeed, will second that.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #57
Long Haired Git
Cooling Savant

Quote:
may be the best answer is to do it again
so i just did once more
To be clear here, the problem with your test is also repeated.
The temperature is still rising.

The graphs are pretty but they are meaningless, simply because it shows that equilibrium has not been reached. Leave the block on for an hour or two under load (CPUburn is good), and then measure the temperatre over a 15min period. That temperature shouldn't vary by much at all, and hence you need not produce a graph by rather just report the average.
Repeat for the other block.
Ensure you follow the mounting directions for any comparison block, and you don't modify it.
Ideally, you'd measure the ambient air temp and the coolant temp and thus "weed out" any variances (someone opening a door etc).

Cathar's comments about temp measurement mean that anything you "measure" will have a wide degree-of-error. Perhaps you can reduce air flow around your sensor by building a "shroud" which stops air flow around the entire socket, or maybe just around the diode?
"Securing an environment of Windows platforms from abuse - external or internal - is akin to trying to install sprinklers in a fireworks factory where smoking on the job is permitted." (Prof. Gene Spafford)
My Rig, in all its glory, can be seen best here
AMD XP1600 @ 1530 Mhz | Soyo Dragon + | 256 Mb PC2700 DDRAM | 2 x 40 Gb 7200rpm in Raid-0 | Maze 2, eheim 1250, dual heater cores! | Full specifications (PCDB)

Long Haired Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2005, 02:31 AM   #58
imbabawu
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar

why i can't find this name in the staff list?

I will contact jaydee next month, and we'll have more blocks next month, so we can supply one block to another tester as well, hope systemcooling well be the one, they just did a test for Swiftech Storm.

By the way, anybody know the performance of 3/8" Swiftech Storm?
imbabawu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2005, 04:22 AM   #59
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
why i can't find this name in the staff list?
Lee "Robotech" Garbutt

Quote:
By the way, anybody know the performance of 3/8" Swiftech Storm?
Performance is the same at the same flow rates. Pressure drop of the block changes slightly due to smaller fittings used.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #60
pkstation
Cooling Neophyte

Default the test of WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block

Last Friday I ordered the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block directly from Mr Wei in China. Because we live so close, I received it on Saturday which was tomorrow. That was pretty fast post. Then I couldn't wait to test that watercooling to see how it perform. During Sunday, all pieces were corrctly installed, I started my test. It was just a simple test, nothing in details. And here we go, with some screen shots. There are some matters I have to say, at this moment in Canton China, the temperature is 35 degress. So hot that can burn you. Hell yeah......Of course I turn on my air conditioner in my room and the room temperature is at about 28 degrees. Before I switched to the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block , I used the TT Mini Tower copper heatsink with a 80mm delta fan running at 4500rpm. was so noisy that you can't stand it even at night, it is my nightmare. A weird problem, my ram is Kingston HyperX DDR 500, but I can only set it at DDR400 with ram setting like 3-4-4-8. If I set it higher like 2.5-3-3-6 or DDR 500, It just didn't work at all, can't even see the post. How could this be when I spent 300 pounds to buy these 2 pairs of ram at www.overclockers.co.uk 2 years agao? That But first let me tell you my specification:
Motherboard: MSI K8N SLI Platinum
CPU: AMD Athlon 64bit Venice 3000+ 200Mhz*9=1.8G OC @ 300Mhz*9=2.7G
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR500 256M*4=1024M
Graphics: XFX Geforce 6600GT PCI-E
HDD: Westerndigital SATA 200G 8M cache
SoundCard: Creative Audigy Platinum EX
Monitor: Samsung CRT SyncMaster 797MB
DVD+RW: SONY 4X DW U14A
PSU: Huntkey 500W
Watercooling: WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block

Have a look at these pictures carefully and you can see there are some explaination on the pictures. By the way, I am not saying how great the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block since I read this post. Cause I always believe that nothing is the best and there are always better stuff you can find. I am a consumer, I am just telling you how it works with my system, giving you the truth. I didn't test other water blocks with the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block so I don't know how great the others are. You will see the result on the pictures.

Thans for reading, enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (137.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg close look.jpg (135.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg KeN's desktop.jpg (121.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Back look.jpg (155.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 3D Mark2003-1.jpg (85.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3D Mark2003-2.jpg (88.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3D Mark2005-1.jpg (86.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3D Mark2005-2.jpg (89.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg C&MB-1.jpg (115.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg C&MB-2.jpg (113.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CPU AB-1.jpg (117.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg CPU AB-2.jpg (125.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg MBB-1.jpg (130.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg MBM-2.jpg (135.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg T6.jpg (68.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg T8.jpg (86.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Temperature @ burn-in mode.jpg (167.2 KB, 13 views)
pkstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #61
pkstation
Cooling Neophyte

Sorry guys, my system is a little messy. Forgive me for this!!

According to test, even now the temperature in Canton China is at about 35 degress, and my room temperature is at about 28 degrees with the air conditioner on, it works great. The coolest temperature is only 28 degress, same as the room temperature. But this thanks to the AMD Athlon new core Venice's low energy cost with the new 90nm technology. In addition, I used cool mineral water. I know that is not fair but the screen shot was captured after 1 hour used, I guess at that time the water temperature would be stable. Why I used cool mineral water is because that I couldn't use normal water just came from the tap, it is a little dirty and the mineral water came from the water machine was cold.

I am not supporting anyone or any brands, like I said before, I am doing this just because I am a consumer of the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block. Not many people like you can have a chance to experience that stuff and as being a Chinese with shitty English who tried the WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block as well, I want you to know how it works, not saying that how better it is than other brands. And BTW, WEI is a guy, all these WEI HI-END Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block are hand made by himself. I saw some pictures in some chinese forums.

Thank you so much for reading.

Last edited by pkstation; 08-08-2005 at 11:17 AM.
pkstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #62
Angry_Steel
Cooling Neophyte

Before I switched to the WEI HI-End Pure Copper 1/2" Water-Block, my hair was rough and un-manageable. After using the WEI HI-End Pure Copper 1/2" Water-block for only 2 days, my hair is shiny, bouncy, full of life and it has changed my life! Order yours now for only 3 payments of 19.99. Thats right, order the WEI HI-End Pure Copper 1/2" Water Block RIGHT NOW for only 3 payments of 19.99! Its that easy! And if you order right now, we will send you your free gift!

Give me a break.......can anyone say Okie Doke. Might pay to be a little more subtle.
Angry_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #63
tong
Cooling Neophyte

God somone just take his fkin block and test it so he can stfu, we all have a preaty good idea on how it's gonna perform so just get it over and do it. Tell you what u ship me one from over there in chinna and i'll test it for u in my active water cooling system and even post a review on a site. Promisse not to be biased.

On a side note: All hail the mighty Cathar.

My Ebay
tong is offline   Reply With Quote