Go Back   Pro/Forums > The Pro/Market > Reseller/Vendor Ratings
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reseller/Vendor Ratings You want to give your impressions of a company or a vendor you did business with, Heres a place to do it!

Unread 05-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
kronchev
Cooling Savant

Default easypckits.com - get lapped!

This company has impressed me beyond words.

First off what they do:

Basically what they do is provide kits for lapping your CPU block. Each kit has 6 or more pieces of sandpaper, with optional glass, rubbing compound (10,000 grit), AS5, etc.

The first thing I want to say is their prices are fantastic! I ordered the standard kit with a piece of glass. That was $6 for the 7 pieces of paper (progressive grits), the piece of glass, printed instructions. Shipping was $4, and since I didnt think it was right for shipping to nearly double the price, I tossed in a tube of AS5.

I got the kit in a few days. Packing wasnt anything out of the ordinary, just the normal USPS Priority Mail small box.

Inside the box there were two packages. One was the kit itself; the glass, the paper, the instructions, and my tube of AS5. The other one took me by surprise and made me immediatly like this company. As a "gift for your business" (not the exact wording of course) they gave a bag of assorted zip-ties! And I dont mean just a few, its a good 30-40 small ties. I have already used them in my case to hold some wiring back and it really made me like this company even more.

Now onto the kit. The kit was obviously not too complicated. Inside the plastic pouch (its packaged in a clear plastic envelope with a sticker saying whats inside, IIRC. I threw out the packaging so I dont exactly remember offhand) was the paper, the glass, the AS5, and the instructions. At first I thought that the glass and paper were going to be too small for any real lapping but that was dismissed once I actually used them. Theyre just the right size. The instructions were easy to read, very helpful, and were the exact ones on the website, so I already had an idea of what I was doing and what the kit would be like before I even ordered. Lapping went uneventful, I was careful the whole time and read and reread the directions a couple of times before doing anything. They warn that the sheets might have the grit numbers cut off but I didnt have that problem; even then its easy to tell what each grit is. As a nice surprise they threw in a sample sheet of some micro sandpaper, 800-1000 grit. I didnt use it but it was pretty cool to see what the Premium kits had.

I give these guys a 10/10. If youre looking to lap a heatsink or just want to see what lapping can do for you, check them out. http://www.easypckits.com