Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Snap Server / NAS / Storage Technical Goodies The Home for Snap Server Hacking, Storage and NAS info. And NAS / Snap Classifides

Unread 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
DragonA1
Cooling Neophyte

Default SNAP 410 cannot join to AD Win 2K3

I've got a trouble joining Adaptec Snap 410 to AD. The version of guardian OS doesn't matter both GOS 4.4 ant 5.0 getting the same error "Cannot join to domain".The log entry regarding to this trouble sounds like "Error setting mashine password". If I trying to put this box to NT domain (emulated by AD 2K3), everything goes fine, but I can't work with local groups (I can add such group, but there is no access), global groups works well.So I do need native AD support.

Last edited by DragonA1; 09-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.
DragonA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Rote8
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: SNAP 410 cannot join to AD Win 2K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonA1 View Post
I've got a trouble joining Adaptec Snap 410 to AD. The version of guardian OS doesn't matter both GOS 4.4 ant 5.0 getting the same error "Cannot join to domain".The log entry regarding to this trouble sounds like "Error setting mashine password". If I trying to put this box to NT domain (emulated by AD 2K3), everything goes fine, but I can't work with local groups (I can add such group, but there is no access), global groups works well.So I do need native AD support.
Make sure forward and reverse DNS is functioning.
Ping Snap filer by host name?
Perform an nslookup on the ip of snap, does it resolve?

Ping domain controller by host name?
Perform an nslookup on the ip of domain controller, does it resolve?

Ping your domain name, does it resolve to the domain controller?
Still not working?

Add the domain controller to the snap server hosts file.
Remove the machine account on the domain and rejoin the snap to the domain.

PS: Local domain groups will never work, add the local group to a global group to gain access.
Rote8 is offline   Reply With Quote