Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 03-20-2002, 04:28 PM   #201
DigitalChaos
Cooling Savant

Redline will kill most stuff if its a 4oz to 1gallon mix.
if you want more, try methanol alcohol.

as for the weird redline thing... i have never heard of that happening in a computer. not sure about cars, but that is a completely different environment.

if you guys dont see the realavance to using redline after reading this post... WOW
DigitalChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2002, 07:14 PM   #202
EMC2
Cooling Savant

Default Racecar

Were you using straight water/ww in your car or did you have anti-freeze/coolant of another kind as well? Also, how long between mix changes were you running?
EMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2002, 07:56 PM   #203
racecar12
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Racecar

Quote:
Originally posted by EMC2
Were you using straight water/ww in your car or did you have anti-freeze/coolant of another kind as well? Also, how long between mix changes were you running?
I had been using the product succesfully for 2 years in the car without a problem when it happened. We can't use anti/freeze in our racecars because it is so slippery, and once put down on the track, it becomes a major hazard that is hard to cleanup.

Only one bottle of ww in the cooling system. It would cost over $300 to use straight ww in the cooling system and would probably suck in cooling at that concentration.
racecar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:08 PM   #204
DigitalChaos
Cooling Savant

he didnt mean straigt redline.. he meant straight redline AND water...

so how long was it in there before it happened... (since last change)

i have never heard of this happening in a computer system. anyone that knows of such a thing, please link me the info.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:17 PM   #205
racecar12
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalChaos
he didnt mean straigt redline.. he meant straight redline AND water...

so how long was it in there before it happened... (since last change)

i have never heard of this happening in a computer system. anyone that knows of such a thing, please link me the info.
Fresh before each weekend. I have been searching for at least on of the posts I saw but it has been quite awhile and my not be in the data base anymore.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:21 PM   #206
DigitalChaos
Cooling Savant

ahh ok.. hrmm, well it sounds like a fairly isolated incodent to me.

if the stuff did get all funky, i would imagine the massive heat would be part of it. but my redline has stayed normal every time i use it.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:30 PM   #207
racecar12
Cooling Neophyte

It had never happened to my race buds either. And I was quite amazed to see it in the cooling system of a puter. But the person who made the post had cut the tank off his heatercore to reviel the idetical looking cottage cheeze substance I had in my car.

I am guessing it was a remote incident also. Like I said in my original post, it might have been a bad or contaminated batch from redline.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #208
DigitalChaos
Cooling Savant

yup, i think your right.
so was it as solid as cottage cheese? cause redline is basically oil, and with the small ammout that you add, i dont see how it could make such a large change.
Unread 03-20-2002, 08:49 PM   #209
racecar12
Cooling Neophyte

It was a little softer than cottage cheese, if I remember correctly. But it was the size of large curd cottage cheeze. The radiator and engine block was full of the stuff. It baffeled everyone who saw it.
Unread 03-31-2002, 01:24 AM   #210
res0r9lm
Cooling Neophyte

I have had a piece of copper and a piece of aluminum sitting in tap water and water wetter for three weeks and haven't seen any bubbles or corrison. maybe next I will try distilled water and see if that has a effect
res0r9lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2002, 02:33 PM   #211
ghogman
Cooling Neophyte

What you all have to understand id your seeing oxidation based on teh reduced surface tension allowing the oxygen to get to the metal much faster. If you look at old churches, the reason they used copper for the roof if because they WANTED the copper to turn green. This layer of oxidation was the best and li=ongest lasting protecting material around. The same thing goes for AL.

The black is an oxidation. This will be your barrior inside your system against oxidation at a further level.
ghogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:31 PM   #212
_Mike_
Cooling Neophyte

Well, I have had a peice of both copper and aluminum in my mouth since this thread began, page 1. . .

Every Sunday, I drink WatterWetter. Wednesdays I drink PurpleIce. (Fridays are Coke, but that's just for the taste. . .)

So far, I have fainted 8 times, and have had my stomach pumped 32 times. I haven't been able to eat anything other than applesauce for weeks. My tongue also has a hole in it. . .

I'll keep everyone posted. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, serioulsy now. What should I put in my system? Distilled water, with what additives? The whole "sha-bang" (TM) is copper, with chrome fittings. . .
_Mike_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2002, 05:49 PM   #213
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

well, if its all copper, you could just run distilled water with something in it to stop things from growing in the system.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 07:22 AM   #214
max007007
Cooling Neophyte

Can anyone tell me what is the correct/suggested concentration of water wetter and distilled water in ml(millilitres).
max007007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 08:47 AM   #215
Cyco-Dude
Cooling Savant

well, ive seen ppl use 2 ounces per gallon, and 4 ounces per gallon. so thats *whips out conversion table* 15.6 milliliters per liter, or 31.2 milliliters per liter.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 02:20 PM   #216
SCompRacer
Cooling Neophyte

Years ago, way before the high tech test strips, we used to use a voltmeter to see whats going on in a vehicles cooling system. A neglected cooling system can make a heck of a battery with readings of .7 and higher.

I measured my system with one lead in the coolant of my plexi reservoir to the water block and get .2 volt on a 1 volt scale. Thats with "brand name" distilled water and water wetter, 4 ounce to the gallon. Copper block, copper/brass core. With an aluminum radiator I tested it was slightly higher, like .3.

Anyone else tried this? Curious to see what others find or if this is a bogus reading.
SCompRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2002, 02:25 PM   #217
DigitalChaos
Cooling Savant

bottle: "4oz per gallon"