Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 04-29-2003, 01:53 AM   #1
cypher007
Cooling Neophyte

Default newbie help on water cooling selection

im a total newbie to water cooling and im interested in some of the kits on 1coolpc's site. are any of them any good? if not or if you now of a better solution at a lower price than about $150 (this is my budget), and they ship to uk, please tell me. the reason im interested in going h2o is because i have an xp2500+ which with a pal 8045 on top and runs at 56-57C, not overclocked!!
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2003, 01:57 AM   #2
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

This is a great site to read up on this stuff. If you rush into it your probably have problems. I went danger den myself. I've read bad things about aquarius. Might want to find something a bit higher in quality.

Why do you want to water cool in the first place.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2003, 01:59 AM   #3
cypher007
Cooling Neophyte

Default wow

that was quick, the reason is my system is noisy and i cant overclock my xp2500+ past about 2090 (stable). the temps reach about 67C!!!
Unread 04-29-2003, 02:01 AM   #4
cypher007
Cooling Neophyte

Default godd site?

whats a good site for water cooling reviews?
Unread 04-29-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
Phuzun
Cooling Neophyte

Goto the danger den, dtek, swiftech sites. Check out the links to reviews. Goto places like hardocp.com and check out there info, they have big reviews of tons of blocks. Check out there link sections.

There is a new Dtek block reviewed against a maze 3 from danger den at ipkonfig.com. Looks like both are within 1 degree of each other at a 20c room, they are both 29-30c. Dtek edging it out. I'd say those temps are damn near the same I get on my maze3-1 (same as the new maze 3). Also the dtek looks like they went for some new designs. Ribbed like a condom on the inside and has rings or heat pipe type things in the channels.

It seems like all the blocks are pretty close to eachother in the temp range for the high quality blocks. Probably look into the design you want.

Swiftech has easy upgrades for peltier addons.

Koolace seems like a real idiot proof solution, not the best performance.

I cant afford to add more blocks to my system yet. I'd like to get some blocks for the NB and Gpu. That would drop the fan noise alot.
40x2 Maxtor HD in Raid 0
27gb IBM ata100
Ati 8500 / crystal orb, homemade ramsinks
Sblive Platinum
Maze 3-1
Black Ice Radiator
NIC card
7 volts runnin to all fans /cept the orbs
Phuzun is offline   Reply With Quote