Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 06-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Something to do with all those left over parts!

Hmmmm,

So I am running low on projects to work on. I have a bunch of left over components that I wan't to mess with. I gots me this 175 watt TEC that I was thinking of putting between two of those cheap Koolance hard drive coolers. I have some copper that I could use for the cold plate and a PSU supply for testing purposes. I am thinking of buying two Hard drive coolers from ebay, and building me a tec, coldplate, Koolance sandwich. Then I can put 100 + pounds of wait on top. Top it off with a heaping helping of thermal paste for flavor). Then using my old via aqua hooked to the hot side and my rad which I don't use (I have a chiller). Then cycle the cool side through my maze 4 with the swifty pump. They sell those things on the ebay for 14 bucks. Not sure how good the flow pattern is on the inside. I imagine since it is Koolance they may not be anything more then a metal box with two outlets. So if I drop 30 bucks plus a bit on shipping I have a new project! Any input on this.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Titan151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #2
kronchev
Cooling Savant

im really confused on everything on that post. can you make a diagram?
Unread 06-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Heh, of course I love diagrams !

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dia.JPG (30.8 KB, 60 views)
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Unread 06-23-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
kronchev
Cooling Savant

ohhh so its a waterchiller

go for it, should be cool
Unread 06-23-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
Titan151
Cooling Savant

well yes, but will it work. I will have to find out.. I am off to the great EBAY! I think just to see for testing purposes I will put a fan based hard drive cooler on the hot side to see what kind of benifit I get. If this works it would make for a fairly cheap and quiet chiller. Of course I doubt it will be power bill friendly. Not to mention long term use would require a dedicated TEC power supply.

And if not I got this 15K RPM SCSI drive that is hotter then the dam sun. It raised my case temp from 24 C to 41 C.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX
Unread 06-23-2004, 01:46 PM   #6
kronchev
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan151
well yes, but will it work. I will have to find out.. I am off to the great EBAY! I think just to see for testing purposes I will put a fan based hard drive cooler on the hot side to see what kind of benifit I get. If this works it would make for a fairly cheap and quiet chiller. Of course I doubt it will be power bill friendly. Not to mention long term use would require a dedicated TEC power supply.

And if not I got this 15K RPM SCSI drive that is hotter then the dam sun. It raised my case temp from 24 C to 41 C.
hell if it works ill buy it off you. even if it is *ugh* koolance.
Unread 06-23-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
Titan151
Cooling Savant

Doh!

Well upon closer inspection the item I was looking at was only some kind of overpriced cold plate with a bunch of thermal adhesive. Ack, Koolance stuff is always set up so wierd. I should have known better then to try and get anything from them. So now I will have to look for something else to use instead.
2 Gigs Corsair 3200
7800 GTX