Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion For discussion about Full Cooling System kits, or general cooling topics. Keep specific cooling items like pumps, radiators, etc... in their specific forums.

Unread 09-14-2002, 11:43 AM   #1
ColdFlare
Cooling Neophyte

Default Finished my system!!

Yea I finally hooked up the maze3 to my cpu and its working!.

This is my setup

Kx7333R
Maze 3
Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1800 2.14 vcore
Heatercore with 1 enermax and 1 antec fan blowing about 40 cfm.
No shroud
Eheim 1250
Tygon tubing with water wetter, I think i put to much.

My temps are almost 50c on load ambient is 26c. System temp reading is about 36c which I think is incorrect since the panels are off it should be room temp in my case.

Temperatures taken with the probe under the cpu.

Are my temps correct? Should I be getting lower?

Should i build a shroud and get a 120mm fan on it?

Are there anyway to improve my temps?
ColdFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
nexxo
Cooling Savant

The probe underneath the CPU socket tends to report higher temps in water cooling. This is because in air cooling the probe is exposed to, and cooled by, some of the circulating air. It is not the most reliable estimate.

Having said, that, temps can possibly improve by:

- making sure your waterblock is sufficiently tightened (by hand, using tools risks overtightening and cracking the CPU by accident);

- getting all the foam out of your coolant (I suspect you've got some, as you state you used too much water wetter... It sure is concentrated stuff, isn't it?). This is a tedious process that can take 24hrs of continuous running. :sigh:

- you should MOST DEFINITELY put a 120mm fan on the heatercore. You get more CFM for less noise, sort of one of the main points of this whole water cooling thing. Shrouds are good; order one at D-Tek customs, for the Heatercore. You will only need one 120mm fan, by the way.

Good luck!
Unread 09-14-2002, 02:42 PM   #3
ColdFlare
Cooling Neophyte

Yea the block is tightened really good down there. I've seen tighter but mine is already pretty tight.

There arent any foam or bubbles in my system i bleed the system in a tub for over 2 hour in a solution of water and water wetter. I got all the bubbles and everything out of every component.

Yea I should get a 120mm anyone know where i can get panaflos for a cheap price and good shipping?
ColdFlare is offline   Reply With Quote