Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Geek Bits > Hardware and Case Mod's
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat

Hardware and Case Mod's You Paint it, Cut it, Solder it, bend it, light it up, make it glow or anything like that, here is your forum.

Unread 07-10-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
GenGoku
Cooling Savant

Default Lian Li: Removing lower drive cage (how?)

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the lower sliding drive cage from the bottom of Lian Li cases, specifically the PC65? I want to put a BIX in it's place but the rails for the cage is blocking the way. From what it looks like, I just need to push down hard on the things that's keeping it in place but would like any suggestions if there's a better approach.

Also, has anyone gotten their PC60/65 (newer model) to fit a BIX where the dual fans are? I made a paper cutout of the BIX dimentions and it looks like it'll *just* fit.

Top View (couldn't get a clear shot, but those circled things aren't normal screws)
Bottom View

Last edited by GenGoku; 07-10-2002 at 07:22 PM.
GenGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 07:33 AM   #2
Strafe
Cooling Neophyte

They're rivets and they come out real easy, just drill thru from the bottom and they'll pop right out. I did it with a dremel.
Strafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #3
MrMatt
Cooling Neophyte

Yep their rivits, just get a drill bit about the same size as them and drill them out, they should pop out without too much trouble.

Post back your results on if the BlackIce fits down there, Im thinking of going with that radiator (well the regular black ice pro in blue, not the extreme) and I would be interested to know if it fits down there before I make my decision.

-Matt
MrMatt is offline   Reply With Quote