Go Back   Pro/Forums > ProCooling Technical Discussions > General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion > Water Block Design / Construction
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Water Block Design / Construction Building your own block? Need info on designing one? Heres where to do it

Unread 02-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Cobra92fs
Cooling Neophyte

Default 65nm GTX 260 water block question

Hello everyone

Let me start by saying how impressed I am with everyone's water block designs!

Now for the question, I am designing a water block to cool my GTX 260's. I was wondering what all I should run water to. The block would be much simpler to design and machine if I left a few components out and air cooled them with case fans. Can the components below be left to air cooling with just a case fan and maybe some heatsinks? Or extend the block over to them with no water flow directly over them? These components had thermal pads applied to them when the card was disassembled.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.jpg (287.3 KB, 6 views)
Cobra92fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Re: 65nm GTX 260 water block question

You can put small heat sinks on them for air cooling. The 3 larger RAM chips need heat sinks the rest may not need anything special. You should consult a few more tech sites that are more active for better answers. I have not modded a vid cards coooling in years. I am little out of the loop on things today.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Cobra92fs
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: 65nm GTX 260 water block question

Totally understood, thought that I would try there first as you guys have done some very impressive machine work in the construction of your own blocks. I will consult another forum on the details of what needs cooled, but I will be back here at one point or another when it comes to the design aspects of the blocks. I am a machinist, not an engineer, any advice I can get on design would be appreciated.
Cobra92fs is offline   Reply With Quote